Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 War/Conflict WWI/Silesian/WWII Medal Bar

Good Evening Gents,

I finally got around to taking a few pictures of this medal bar. I really like it, but I'm not really a medal bar collector. Any ideas on what it's worth?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Sean

The obverse with flash
    Attached Files

The reverse with flash.
    Attached Files

Comment

The front and back without flash.
      Attached Files

Comment

No expert so wait for other opinions

Nice looking bar but I'm surprized to see swords on the Schlesischer Adler II of a war time bar (based on the presence of KvK II/S ). From what I understood TR regulations authorized the wear of the Silesian Eagle but not the additional devices (swords, wreath, swords & wreath)

Regards

JC

Comment

Nice bar.

When the market was at it's peak in the early-mid 2000s I used the metric of about $100 per medal to determine the total price of a medal bar. Prices on medal bars seem to have never taken off and in fact seemed to have gone down some in the previous years.

I would ball park about $225 - $260 for yours. Probably on the higher end due to condition, the nice touch of sewing down the medals and the swords ont he Silisean medal.

Also if you look at Weitze's site he has a nice 3 place frack medal bars similar to yours except missing the WMC for 200 Euro (I use his site for as a good tool for pricing except use a 1:1 Euro to USD exchange rate)

Gary B
          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Gary,

Thanks for the info, I was hoping that a few seasoned collectors would chime in on this thread. I will definitely start using Weitze's website as a general price guide moving forward.

Best regards!

Sean

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X