New Stahlhelmbund additions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Stahlhelmbund additions....

Recent additions to my little Stahlhelmbund Collection...will add to my Stahlhelm Album...comments always appreciated...
    Attached Files

Very nice.

I see you are looking for the elusive 1918 badge....one recently was offered for approximately $15K USD.

Gary B
    ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Originally posted by Gary B View Post
      Very nice.

I see you are looking for the elusive 1918 badge....one recently was offered for approximately $15K USD.

Gary B
      Thank you Gary....yes, as all other STH collectors, waiting for the lottery, then wait for one to show up somewhere...never say never I guess....have the rest so for now a cut-out photo will have to do...LOL...

Comment

I'm in the same boat with you, Pink! I've been looking for a 1918 for quite a few years, but $15k is WAY above my pay-grade! Perhaps that collection will never be complete...?

Nice pieces added to your collection, too. I recently added a Gau-Treffen Dortmund 1935 event badge to my collection, as well.

Cheers and best of luck,

Br. James

Comment

The last two 1919 "standard" badges I saw sold for about $1300 (auction and dealer site). I purchased 1 of the 175 known 1919 badges issued to a member of the Magdeburg area for a little more than $2000. So the question is what would one pay for a badge that there were only 17 recipients (not necessarily only 17 manufactured). There were more than 17 made since they were produced in different sizes and from at least 2 different makers: Godet and who ever made for Stahlhof (supply company).

The badges have rarity but do they have the demand to justify such a price?

Gary B

Comment

Pink congrats .... you know who's collection these were from
            In regards to 1918 the price is reflected by variety and numbers in existence.
            8 are known to exist out of the 17 awarded. But the type 1+2 sets the very rare.
            So 15k is not a stupid figure as definitely a shb collection holy grail.
            I have I admit just moved my entire collection of shb to the market and a lot been sold including my 1918 set.
            The decision was very hard but new house and where do I go from now in the collection fields go?
            So I think a few people know where the remainder of my collection lays and good pickings guys and enjoy the pieces as I did
            I am not totally leaving the forum or collection fields but down sizing drastically

Comment

Originally posted by chris clark View Post
              Pink congrats .... you know who's collection these were from
              In regards to 1918 the price is reflected by variety and numbers in existence.
              8 are known to exist out of the 17 awarded. But the type 1+2 sets the very rare.
              So 15k is not a stupid figure as definitely a shb collection holy grail.
              I have I admit just moved my entire collection of shb to the market and a lot been sold including my 1918 set.
              The decision was very hard but new house and where do I go from now in the collection fields go?
              So I think a few people know where the remainder of my collection lays and good pickings guys and enjoy the pieces as I did
              I am not totally leaving the forum or collection fields but down sizing drastically
              Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear you sold your collection. I always enjoyed looking at it. The 1919 Mageburg I recently purchased used to be in your collection.

Just for clarification the double set of 1918 badges went in excess of $30K USD ($15K each). I understand that they are the holy grail of Stahlhelm collectors I was just surprised at the price since one can get a cased set of Oakleaves and swords for that price and, in my opinion, there are a lot more people who collect military awards than Stahlhelm badges.

Gary B

Comment

Picture of a 1918 badge with Godet box.

Gary B
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X