Help to identify items/ freikorp era?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help to identify items/ freikorp era?

Hello all, I'm hoping you gentlemen can help me identify a couple of items I have- one seems to be a pin (cap badge?) that reads "Sturmbaon Stockerau" with a date. I could guess Austrian freikorps/alpine korps? The other appears also to be a metal badge with a monogrammed "L" - I was guessing Ludwig (III?) of Bavaria- but not sure what it is or what it's for. I also guessed freikorps era. Thank you for any help identifying these,
    Mike
    Attached Files

Sturmbaon Stockerau is Austrian Heimwehr - home defence paramilitary organization.

The shield is a bad fake trying to be the Freikorps Lützow Defense Badge (Bewährungsabzeichen des Freikorps Lützow). I've attached a real one for comparison and a link to a site with more information.

http://www.militaria-lexikon.de/kata...-_bewahru.html
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the information! I had my doubts about the badge- I appreciate the confirmation, and I did find the sturmbaon pin info online- it looks like the originals; I happy to have one out of two - I would love to know more about the home guard, can anyone suggest any sites for reading or further research?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X