Attached Files

Kopie

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

Why copy? Explain, please

Comment

Comment

Yes a common fake, die-cast from white metal. The die used for these fakes was created sometime in the 1970s based on the picture in von Salomon's 1938 "Das Buch vom deutschen Freikorpskämpfer", which explains why some details are completely wrong and the badge itself is smaller than originals.

Originals (like the one shown below) are die stamped and made of silvered and blackened tombak.

Comment

The die used for these fakes was created sometime in the 1970s based on the picture in von Salomon's 1938 "Das Buch vom deutschen Freikorpskämpfer", which explains why some details are completely wrong and the badge itself is smaller than originals.

Please tell me - Where was find information about created of badge in the 70s ?

What confirmation of this information?

What are the real dimensions of badge ?

THANK YOU !

Comment

Here is my badge.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hagen str. View Post
                The die used for these fakes was created sometime in the 1970s based on the picture in von Salomon's 1938 "Das Buch vom deutschen Freikorpskämpfer", which explains why some details are completely wrong and the badge itself is smaller than originals.

Please tell me - Where was find information about created of badge in the 70s ?

What confirmation of this information?

What are the real dimensions of badge ?

THANK YOU !
                You sound like you don't believe me. I was told this information by Verkuilen Ager around 1978. Given that Verkuilen was one of the first experts on Freikorps and that I have also heard this information from other sources over the last 40+ years of collecting Freikorps, I know it's true. The badge shown is 100% fake and nobody, who knows anything about Freikorps will tell you differently.

Perhaps Masch19 or Sergeanto8 can give you the dimensions of their badges.

Comment

and that I have also heard this information from other sources over the last 40+ years of collecting Freikorps, I know it's true.

What kind of sources ?

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                    You sound like you don't believe me. I was told this information by Verkuilen Ager around 1978. Given that Verkuilen was one of the first experts on Freikorps and that I have also heard this information from other sources over the last 40+ years of collecting Freikorps, I know it's true. The badge shown is 100% fake and nobody, who knows anything about Freikorps will tell you differently.

Perhaps Masch19 or Sergeanto8 can give you the dimensions of their badges.
                    Tell me more - what are the dimensions of the original sign?

Comment

Yours is a copy. I will not call any measure here. I would like that there are soon better copies. If you do not believe is your thing.

Comment

and that I have also heard this information from other sources over the last 40+ years of collecting Freikorps, I know it's true.

What kind of sources ?
                        Other collectors, dealers etc. A German dealer, called Militaria-Agent, who used to sell these (as copies), but who's no longer in business.

I've been at this a very long time and know a fake from an original. I have a very large Freikorps collection. So, although I don't presume to call myself an expert, but based on considerable first-hand experience, if I say something is fake, there's a good chance it's fake.

By the way, you're coming off as rather rude. I don't know if it's just the way you express yourself or what. But, for a new member, to doubt those people on here who are knowledgeable is bad form.

Originally posted by Masch19 View Post
                        Yours is a copy. I will not call any measure here. I would like that there are soon better copies. If you do not believe is your thing.

I agree with you. There's no use giving out information to help fakers.
                        Last edited by Brian L.; 10-23-2016, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                          Other collectors, dealers etc. A German dealer, called Militaria-Agent, who used to sell these (as copies), but who's no longer in business.

I've been at this a very long time and know a fake from an original. I have a very large Freikorps collection. So, although I don't presume to call myself an expert, but based on considerable first-hand experience, if I say something is fake, there's a good chance it's fake.

By the way, you're coming off as rather rude. I don't know if it's just the way you express yourself or what. But, for a new member, to doubt those people on here who are knowledgeable is bad form.

I agree with you. There's no use giving out information to help fakers.
                          Measurements of original badge is here:

http://www.dhm.de/datenbank/dhm.php?...fld_0=MO004850

high is 4,9 cm, lengh 6,5 cm.

My badge is a same measurements

Comment

So, show your badge for opinions because if it is the same as the badge at the bottom that started this thread, it's a fake.

Comment

Show it to us!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X