Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freikorps Collection

Hi everyone,

I've read the book of Ernst Von Salomon on his Freikorps experience, I don't know the title iun english (I'm French), sio I've decided to begin a collection of Freikorps badges and awards (I also collect orders and medal of other countries : France, Great-Britain and few others such Greece and Finland),

Here is a picture of my (small ) collection :

Unfortunately, I have some fakes, sold as genuine...

Best regards and see you on this great forum and topic on German Freikorps,

Wallace13

Unfortunately, I'd say that most of your collection is fake except for the Silesian Eagles, Baltic Crosses and the Bug Star. The SSOS Wolf is heavily faked and I think yours is one of the fakes that appears a lot on the market. I'd need to see the back with the pin, in order to to say whether it's genuine.
    The white cross with the skull isn't Freikorps, but white Russian and is more likely a fantasy piece.

Anytime you want to buy something, post it here first for opinions.

Comment

Yes, post prospects to the forum for review, and please do your own research before posting every piece you come across.

Once you know what to look for its really not so bad.

The BUG star is great... originals without the enamel dont come up for sale too often.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your help, both of you,

Indeed, the Wolf badge is an ugly fake, such white russian medals, I've discovered this topic after buying them, beginner's mistake....

The Bug star, the second class Baltic cross and the oberland medal come from a same lot in a French auction, like the ordenspange, the silesian 1st class is a Meybauer one and come from a militaria dealer,

Do you know a trustful dealer on internet ? because in France it is not simple to find Freikorps items.

Best regards

Comment

I'd need to see close-ups of the Oberland Medal as it is one of the most faked Freikorps medals out there. It was only only awarded to Sturmfahne Teja of Freikorps Oberland once in 1926 and very few were actually given out. The ribbon is not correct, by the way.

Several German dealers have genuine Freikorps material. But, they also sometimes have fakes they are selling as real (not necessarily intentionally). A couple of dealers who are more or less trustworthy are Helmut Weitze Militaria and Philipp Militaria.

But, it's always best to ask here first before you buy anything, as you are new to this.
          Last edited by Brian L.; 09-20-2016, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks again for your help, here are some pictures of the Oberand medal, I don't know if it is fake or not :

Best regards,

Wallace13

Comment

Congrats, it's a good medal.

Best!
              Serg

Comment

Originally posted by Destruction View Post
                Congrats, it's a good medal.

Best!
                Serg
                agree. nicely done.

Comment

Is the rear view picture link of the Oberland medal broken for you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by mchap View Post
                    Is the rear view picture link of the Oberland medal broken for you guys?
                    Hi Mike,
                    Hmmm no, I see both pictures

Comment

Hi,

Great news, thanks guys

Best regards

Comment

Can you also post the Awaloff medal (the upper right one)?

Comment

Hi Mike,
                          Hmmm no, I see both pictures
                          I see them now... it must have been something on my end.

Comment

Can you also post the Awaloff medal (the upper right one)?
                            Hi Destruction,

Here are the pictures of my white russian medals, I've read that some Freikorps fighters helped them, so I decided to buy those medals, but one again, beginner's mistake, I didn't knew this topic at the time, and I think all of them are fakes...

Best regards

Wallace13

Comment

Yep, 2 of them are fake, and one is a fantasy item as Brian already mentioned. Sorry.

Best!
                              Serg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X