1925 Magdeburg Stahlhelm Medallion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1925 Magdeburg Stahlhelm Medallion

Recent acquisition, have some info but appreciate any further comments on it and the history behind it. Great in the hand....very well struck. The silver dollar for size comparisons....it is a 2" diameter...flash makes it a tad shiny...

Cheers
    Floyd
    Attached Files

Anyone....??, 91 views and no input..??

Originally posted by Pink View Post
    Recent acquisition, have some info but appreciate any further comments on it and the history behind it. Great in the hand....very well struck. The silver dollar for size comparisons....it is a 2" diameter...flash makes it a tad shiny...

Cheers
    Floyd

Has 91 views and no thoughts or comments...?....anybody..?

Comment

Although this was a commemorative handout for participants in the VI Soldatentag, I seem to remember that it was actually the first commemorative given out for the annual rally and the only one in the form of a medallion. The following years, pin-back badges were given out. I don't believe there were any sort of commemorative medals or badges given out for the I-V annual rallies (1920-1924).

I'm not an expert on Stahlhelm as some others are. So, I might be mistaken.

Comment

thanks for the info....

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
        Although this was a commemorative handout for participants in the VI Soldatentag, I seem to remember that it was actually the first commemorative given out for the annual rally and the only one in the form of a medallion. The following years, pin-back badges were given out. I don't believe there were any sort of commemorative medals or badges given out for the I-V annual rallies (1920-1924).

I'm not an expert on Stahlhelm as some others are. So, I might be mistaken.
        many thanks for the information...seems to concur a bit with what I recall being told.
        Appreciate your reply...
        FS

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X