Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichsheer Erkennungsmarke

Hello,

I have a question about the issuance of the Erkennungsmarke in the Reichsheer. I was wondering that the army was so small at the time did certain wehrkreiss' get certain numbers?

I have an erkennungsmarke and was wondering if I could find out where it was issued at? Thanks.

Fred
    Attached Files

Hello,

Anybody know a good reference for these?? Thanks.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
      Hello,

Anybody know a good reference for these?? Thanks.

Fred
      I think you should ask on GMIC. I doubt anyone knows that much about Reichswehr and Reichsheer on WAF.

Comment

ref

Die Uniformierung und Ausruestung des deutschen Reichsheeres published by the Bavarian Army Museum in Ingolstadt only has 3 paragraphs regarding dog tags. Besides dimensions the words DEUTSCHES REICHSHEER are present as well as a number between 1 and 100,000 given out by the Wehrkreiskommandos. No explanation for the "Y" letter on yours and no image in the book page 222.

Comment

ref

The only other useful info noted on p. 222 is that there was a first pattern from 16.12.1919 and a new style from 12.5.1925 and the last change from 19.5.1932, the last one apparently only differing in the wording and the holes.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you. I have that book in the English version and that data is on page 368. It says that the "The numerals (between 1 and 1000,0000) were allocated to units by Army district commands" By district command I am assuming Wehrkreis. Does anybody have a copy of this list or know of where one might be found? Thanks again.

Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X