Opinion? Baltic cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion? Baltic cross

Hi can someone please help identify maker of this Baltic cross and if its authentic? I`d say its a fine piece though hinge and pin together with a pin holder is somewhat different from what I`ve seen on others.

It looks ok to me. Maker might be hard to determine. I'll look through my Baltic Cross book and see if I can find the answer.

Comment

It might be an unmarked Meybauer.

Comment

Imo a period example but I think the hardware may be replaced. Whether it was originally a pinback or with ribbon ring would require examination of the ends of the cross arms.

Regards
        Mike
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
          Imo a period example but I think the hardware may be replaced. Whether it was originally a pinback or with ribbon ring would require examination of the ends of the cross arms.

Regards
          Mike
          Sorry. I don't agree with you on this. This type of hardware is illustrated in Konstantin's book on the Baltic Cross. The only thing that's different is the catch with a base-plate.

The beveling appears consistent around the edges. So, I doubt the idea of a suspension ring.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X