better here?
    IMO Original
    thanks for viewing.

Originally posted by rove View Post
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=844759
    better here?
    IMO Original
    thanks for viewing.
    maybe ok. But, this one for some reason has been heavily reproduced and it's hard to tell unless one has it in hand.

Personally, I wouldn't have one in my collection for that reason.

Comment

The rusty ring alone for me is a bad sign, most of the fakes have them. However I am not expert enough on the bird itself but the ring alone would make me avoid this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
        The rusty ring alone for me is a bad sign, most of the fakes have them. However I am not expert enough on the bird itself but the ring alone would make me avoid this one.
        I'm sorry. But, your generalization about the ring is not correct. Early SAs were often made of iron and can often be found with rusty rings and rust on the body of the eagle.
        I think this particular SA is ok. But, I'd only know for sure if I had it in hand. This particular design has been heavily copied (usually by casting) in Poland and therefore has become a rather undesirable version of the award. I wouldn't have it in in my SA collection even if I definitely knew it was 100% genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
          I'm sorry. But, your generalization about the ring is not correct. Early SAs were often made of iron and can often be found with rusty rings and rust on the body of the eagle.
          I think this particular SA is ok. But, I'd only know for sure if I had it in hand. This particular design has been heavily copied (usually by casting) in Poland and therefore has become a rather undesirable version of the award. I wouldn't have it in in my SA collection even if I definitely knew it was 100% genuine.
          which weight should it have?

Comment

Originally posted by rove View Post
            which weight should it have?
            I don't know that information exists about weight for these awards. I do know that this type is somewhat lighter than usual.

Comment

Yes it was a generalisation, but only learned from the huge numbers of fakes I have seen on ebay with perfect awards and heavily encrusted rings. It's made me very wary of anything that has them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X