Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treue Jaeger Freikorps?

Hello

I was told these are Freikorps connected. Is this true?

Thank you in advance

Best,
    Dion
    Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Nothing to do with the Freikorps. For one thing, it's dated 1898, 21 years before the Freikorps. It may be some sort of unofficial Imperial German loyalty cross for Jäger troops or more likely a hunting association award. I tend to favor the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
        Nothing to do with the Freikorps. For one thing, it's dated 1898, 21 years before the Freikorps. It may be some sort of unofficial Imperial German loyalty cross for Jäger troops or more likely a hunting association award. I tend to favor the latter.

So strange, guy knows his stuff and I answered same as you , claims it is in Nimmergut Catalog in Freikorps section. Weird.
        Iam Uncle Sam
        That’s who Iam
        Been hiding out
        In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
          So strange, guy knows his stuff and I answered same as you , claims it is in Nimmergut Catalog in Freikorps section. Weird.
          Not weird. He's lying. I have Nimmergut's catalogue and there's no such cross related to the Freikorps. I know pretty well every Freikorps badge and award that ever existed, have a fairly large Freikorps collection and can guarantee you that I am 100% correct and he's full of sh*t.

Apart from everything else, it's dated 29.5.98. The Freikorps period was 1919-1923. So, it's rather obvious, that it's from the Imperial period.
          Last edited by Brian L.; 01-29-2016, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
            Not weird. He's lying. I have Nimmergut's catalogue and there's no such cross related to the Freikorps. I know pretty well every Freikorps badge and award that ever existed, have a fairly large Freikorps collection and can guarantee you that I am 100% correct and he's full of sh*t.

Apart from everything else, it's dated 29.5.98. The Freikorps period was 1919-1923. So, it's rather obvious, that it's from the Imperial period.

I am agreeing with you, said it is in 2nd edition. Unfortunately I am moving so I cannot unpack the catalog, I did see a cross in it in FK section that appeared to have the deer on it , but as I said it was brief and the pics in that book can be quite , ****ty, to put it mildly. Take a look if you do have the spare moments. But as I told him also it is dated 1898, yes I do know they were not active at that point lol

Here is his mail to me,,,

Es ist im Katalog unter Freikorps-Abzeichen du spunk ( ist im Nimergut 2 )
            Iam Uncle Sam
            That’s who Iam
            Been hiding out
            In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
              I am agreeing with you, said it is in 2nd edition. Unfortunately I am moving so I cannot unpack the catalog, I did see a cross in it in FK section that appeared to have the deer on it , but as I said it was brief and the pics in that book can be quite , ****ty, to put it mildly. Take a look if you do have the spare moments. But as I told him also it is dated 1898, yes I do know they were not active at that point lol

Here is his mail to me,,,

Es ist im Katalog unter Freikorps-Abzeichen du spunk ( ist im Nimergut 2 )
              Well, if it is in Nimmergut 2 as a Freikorps award, then it's a mistake. If your guy is knowledgeable about Freikorps, he would know it's a mistake. There are a few Freikorps awards that feature stag's heads, but none have the Hubertus cross on the head or an imperial crown. There are a few FK units whose badges featured the stag's head with Hubertus cross (FK Rossbach, for example), but none with crown.

It's very common these days to attribute all kinds of spurious and unknown badges and medals to Freikorps, as there are gaps in the Freikorps record. But, those gaps are more to do with the criteria surrounding the badges and medals, not whether they existed or not. Almost all FK badges and medals have been documented. I doubt there are many unknown FK badges still floating around. Yet, dealers play the "unknown Freikorps" card all the time because it raises the prices on what is often spurious garbage.

Comment

Defeat was admitted, he is good but sometimes he comes out of left field. One of those who cannot admit he is wrong
                Iam Uncle Sam
                That’s who Iam
                Been hiding out
                In a rock and roll band

Comment

100% not a Freikorps item

Comment

Agreed, not Freikorps.

Image of FK Rossbach stag head with cross attached.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X