Schesisher Adler I Enamelled - Maker ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schesisher Adler I Enamelled - Maker ?

This one arrived today to finish the year on a good foot. I'm not really concerned about authenticity because I have many pictures of this variant in my archives but I'd really like to know the maker if anybody knows.

From what I can gather, its a specimen dating from the 30's and this type of hardware is the same as seen on period replacement WW I EK 1 (sweitstück?) produced by Schickle and Deumer. From what I've seen in old threads the "Schickle" enamelled Silesian Eagle is similar yet different if I have my facts straight! Would this one be a Deumer or did other makers use the same hardware during that period?

Thanks for the help and the very best for the new year

Regards

JC
    Attached Files

Did you check it in Konstantin's book?

Comment

Hi Brian

Last time we discussed Konstantin's book here, it was out of print

Comment

I have both his books. If I have time, I'll look it up for you.

Comment

Thanks Brian but dont make any extra work for yourself on my account. I just hoped someone familiar with these birds might know the maker of this one "off hand".

Enamelled SEs understandably look very different than their metal equivalents but when this one came in I noticed the distinctive hardware was basically the same as on a darkened (oxidized) brass specimen I have which in turn looks identical (front design wise) to another painted iron semi-hollow specimen with very different hardware. I just figured they could be different offerings from the same maker and Deumer would be a likely candidate because of the similarity of hardware used on some of its weimar period EK Is

Regards

JC
          Attached Files

Comment

I looked it up. You're correct. It's Deumer.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help Brian

Regards

JC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X