Bar with freikorps/veterans ribbons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar with freikorps/veterans ribbons

I posted this bar in imperial awards thread, but I'll post it there too as it might be of interest to Freikorps guys too. Unfortunately empty, but it shows interesting career, this guy crossed the globe from south Africa to Baltic.

Third ribbon from right is Diebitsch cross/medal, if I'm correct? According to my references (Detlev Niemanns catalog) it could be 2nd class cross or medal for horse-care. Can we tell which one? How hard/rare is to get an original of any of these obscure decorations, and what are nowadays prices?

Thanks in advance for any comments!
    Attached Files

So you beat me on that one. I lost my internet connection while trying to snipe. It would make a nice reconstruction project.
    Congrats.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Freikorps von Diebitsch cross 2nd class is extremely difficult to find. The only ones that ever turn up are fake. I've only seen one real one in 40 years of collecting Freikorps. If you found a real one, expect to pay 700 + Euros at least.

The Care of Horses medals are around. But, again real ones are harder to find. Prices would be in the 350 + Euros range.

Unfortunately, I think it might be a long hunt for either.

Comment

Gentlemen,
        thank for your comments, I appreciate that!

Don, I was surprised how cheap I got this bar. I'm looking forward to restore it, although Diebitsch cross or medal will be a hard and long journey. It's the longest medal bar in my collection so far

Bolewts, thanks for your explanation! I knew these are hard to find but didn't think so rare (and expensive) But searching, hunting and reasearching is the funniest part of this hobby IMHO.

Comment

Andre Huesken has the Medal for Care of Horses for €300, which I think is a fair price.

Here's a link.
          https://www.huesken.com/shop/en/germ...sch-11743.html

Comment

Bolewts, thanks alot for the link! I'm not sure if I'll buy it right now, I'm a bit tight budget now, but it's good to know they are still there. And to see the original!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X