Baltic Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baltic Cross

The latest arrival, fresh from the Estand ...

Front ...

Reverse ...

and the Fleur de Lys detail ...

Hope you like as much as I do. Could someone please put a date on this piece ? ::

Ian

Hi Ian

Nice pinbac Baltic cross

Not knowledgeable enough to put a date on yours but it looks like a nice pinback version of my ribbon mounted version based on the details of the fleurs de lys, and the rivets.

I've seen a screwback version with the same details (fleurs de Lys/rivets) that was attributed to Deumer probably because of the scallopped disk (the same type you see on this maker's EKs & EK 1 spanges). Being old as an original piece but I have no idea if its accurate or not.

Cheers

JC
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks like a nice worn early cross with replaced hinge-pin, main pin and catch. Hard to put an exact date on it but I'd suggest early 20s.

Regards
      Mike
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
        It looks like a nice worn early cross with replaced hinge-pin, main pin and catch. Hard to put an exact date on it but I'd suggest early 20s.

Regards
        Mike
        The hinge block is original. But, I agree that the hinge has a replaced holding pin and the pin and catch are replaced. Early to mid-20s is roughly the time frame, I think, based on how it's made and the finish.

Comment

Many thanks Gentlemen, early to mid 20's it is then

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Hi,

Here is GeneralArzt Dr. med Lieschke with this cross.

Anyway, the man commited suicide on the last day of the war - I believe the 4th of may.

Hans Kristian
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X