• Show
Clear All

Baltic Cross

Hi, guys!

What your opinions?

Regards
    Sergey

Comment

I told you it was an early original from the 1920s.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
        I understood your opinion, thanks. I want opinion of other connoisseurs else.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.V. View Post
          I understood your opinion, thanks. I want opinion of other connoisseurs else.
          Perhaps, Destruction will comment. I think he's the only one with sufficient "connoisseur" status on Baltic Crosses.

Comment

Perhaps, Destruction will comment. I think he's the only one with sufficient "connoisseur" status on Baltic Crosses.
            I will take him. Thanks!

Comment

Brian! It's a fake

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob09 View Post
                Brian! It's a fake
                100%?

Comment

Originally posted by o.s.v. View Post
                  :eeeeeek: 100%?
                  1000%

Comment

1000%
                    I was pretty sure it was in your book, Konstantin. But, if you say it's fake, then I guess it is. I don't know anyone who knows more about these than you. It's pretty convincing and I was sure it was ok. It could fool a lot of people. Most of the fakes I've seen have a chalky, matte black finish. The oxidized finish on this one is pretty good. Is it one of the ones made by Alexander in Russia? (I can't remember his last name).

I had a look in your book (I should have done that first) and now see where it falls down on certain details, particularly in the trefoils. It's trying to be several different types at the same time. There's a little Meybauer in it, for example. Admittedly, I've never seen this type of hinge and catch before on a Baltic Cross. It's a little like the type one sees on some Third Reich combat badges like the wound badge or General Assault badge.

I should have looked at it more carefully, rather than the cursory glance I gave it. My appologies to O.S.V.

And here I thought I knew EVERYTHING about the Freikorps! ...LOL
                    Last edited by Brian L.; 08-09-2015, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Haha, dont beat yourself up over it... at least you can admit fault.

Jacob09 - Is the Baltic Cross and Silesian books available for purchase? Destruction mentioned them to me awhile back but I neglected to follow up.

Comment

1000%
                        You saved my money! Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X