Freikorps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freikorps?

Please excuse my ignorance. Was told this man was Freikorps. Was he? Thanks again!

Id say yes...from the shape of his collar devices, FW Landesjagerkorps comes to mind... however, there are a few FK devices of similar shape.

Comment

Thank you Mchap

Comment

Originally posted by mchap View Post
        Id say yes...from the shape of his collar devices, FW Landesjagerkorps comes to mind... however, there are a few FK devices of similar shape.
        Not really clear enough to be specific. So, it could also be FK Hülsen, FK Probstmayr, FK Bogendörfer etc.

Here are examples of FK Hülsen (gold) and Landesjägerkorps (silver).
        Attached Files

Comment

Brian, was the official collar abzeichen for Landesjagerkorps the silvered version?

The v. Hulsen oakleaves also have a different mounting method, although I'd imagine either pronged or sewed on devices could be had for both types?

Comment

Originally posted by mchap View Post
            Brian, was the official collar abzeichen for Landesjagerkorps the silvered version?

The v. Hulsen oakleaves also have a different mounting method, although I'd imagine either pronged or sewed on devices could be had for both types?
            Landesjägerkorps were only silver.

The gilt ones I've shown are typically von Hülsen and were commonly sewn on. But, that doesn't likely mean that they didn't have prong versions too, although not shown in Haarcke. It was a very large Freikorps containing several smaller FK units. which may have gotten their badges from whatever stocks were available.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X