Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichswehr Gebirgsjäger

hi ,
    i will Show you this real rare one... ...

Originally posted by painkiller78 View Post
    hi ,
    i will Show you this real rare one... ...
    Could you provide more information about the uniform and the unit? When and where was the unit formed? What are the exact dates for this uniform?

Comment

The imaging site you are using has too many pop ups, unfortunately I am unable to view the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by mchap View Post
        The imaging site you are using has too many pop ups, unfortunately I am unable to view the picture.
        Yes. I wonder why people insist on using these imaging sites. Just upload it here and avoid creating problems for everyone.

Anyway, Mike, here's the uniform in question.
        Attached Files

Comment

hi ,
          sorry....i try this site.....the uniform is from III.B from I.R.19 ...

Comment

hi ,
            the first stamp[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

...[IMG][/IMG]
              [IMG][/IMG]
              [IMG][/IMG]
              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Ive never seen a Reichswehr issued windjacke and the two tone is reminiscent of WW2. Can you post some photos of the back?

Interesting indeed, thanks for posting.

Comment

Most these very early jackets were reversible to a bone white to light gray color. This one is aged and has mildew staining and is more yellow now.

Comment

hi,

its real a early one .....i think its very rare and the first i ever see
                    gruss
                    Andreas

Comment

Question: frame 7 third photo down....the white side has white buttons, is that correct. Have they been changed on that side...it seems from in the photos from the book none have light buttons....they are the same color as the other jackets buttons. CAn you tell us more about these lighter colored buttons ?

Comment

hi ,
                        the White side is with White "Hornknöpfen" , the Grey with Grey "Steinussknöpfen" ...the jacket in the book is imo cleaning....
                        best regards
                        Andreas

Comment

Interestingly, when looking for the subtle details of windjackes in period photos you see quite a few variations in use by military and paramilitary groups, including painkiller78's double sided version. Very nice to see it, thanks for sharing.

My windjacke isnt double sided and has no depot markings but has provisions for epaulets... no idea if its Reichswehr or civilian. I got it cheap enough that it didnt matter.
                          No interior shots at the moment... I didnt want to remove it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

A Windjacke is always good for a Weimar display. It was used by members of many organizations in that time.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X