Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's find, mix of items

Not 100% sure where to post this lot as it covers ww1 - 38 ish
    I attach a pic of the badges to start with the paper docs will have to follow as a lot to go through. Everything to one man
    The large neck shooting thing came in its original box too

One amazing thing as it was given to me by the family today, they asked me to take them and enjoy in my collection rather than they get stuck in some museum or thrown out later

These people were both in their 80's and it is their grandfathers

I am still in awe with their thinking and a honor to enjoy them for the family
    Attached Files

Ss?

SS marksman diamond in the middle?

Comment

Nice items.

Comment

Yes it is sevrin its posted in the correct forum

Comment

The shooting KING award has medals for each winner each year...I have one I got from a vet in the 60's from a screw factory with like ten silver badges or more hanging off it , and all named, and 800 silver....The vet told me they blew a safe in a factory because they thought they were hiding their gold in there, but all that was in the safe was the shooting neck chain....nobody wanted it, so he just took it home....Sorry I don't have any photos handy of it...it had a large eagle with the letters JD on the front , and hung from two oak leaves (one on each side soldered to wood screws then plated. Nice haul....I hope you keep the stuff and enjoy it for years to come. Be sure to try and get the original owners name if possible. This reminds me of the ss pipe thread seeing the pipe, as he must have been an ss man, and so now you can say you have a real original ss mans pipe....how cool is that. Congratulations ...this may be a once in a lifetime scoop.

Comment

Hi thanks
            The pipe was a nice extra I must admit
            I have the name as I have most of his books and papers to which I need to go through

Comment

Lucky indeed!
              Nice Kyffhauser 1938 Shooting Badge!
              Enjoy them and preserve them in memory of the veteran.
              Thanks
              Vellocino

Comment

One more question: In the top left corner it looks like a war donations or veterans donation pin ....what does the ribbon say on that one? Reminds me of the American post war donation poppies sold on the street by veterans they used to sell.. years ago....thanks ....not sure what the Germans called them....if its what I think it is....now you need to do some more research on him, to see his history...and I wonder if they had any paperwork on their relative hid away in a file somewhere? Might be prudent to go back or call again and ask just to be sure...

Comment

heres a pic of what I think you wanted
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X