SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schlesicher Adler I - Meybauer zink OK ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlesicher Adler I - Meybauer zink OK ?

Hi
    I'm a fan of Meybauer SEs and, so far, I have picked up an unmarked set (1st/2nd class) in hollow stamped natural tombac with folded clips; a maker marked set in solid natural tombac with rivets and I also know there is a marked silver plated enamelled set but ...I've recently found the attached 1st class unmarked specimen that sure looks Meybauer to me but in darkened zink with tombac devices secured with only one rivet each (instead of 2) and different hardware that I havent seen before

Any problems with this variant and is anyone aware of a 2nd class version?

Thanks for your help

JC
    Attached Files

It looks ok to me and seems to come from the same Meybauer die as the one used for the brass badge. The only thing missing is the characteristic striation on the reverse. But, I don't think this is a problem.

Comment

I've got a Meybauer SE in brass without striation.

cheers
      Peter

Comment

Thank you very much for the feedback Brian and Peter. I liked the way it looks and its ancestry is evident but I never saw one in zink and was concerned about the hardware

Peter: I know that there is a less common 5 feather variation (instead of 4 in the middle of wings) solid Meybauer brass SE that isnt striated and that the enamelled versions arent always striated either.

Best regards

JC

Comment

JC, my SE is actually a 4-feather type. Pm me your e-mail address and I'll send you a scan

cheers
          Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter, I sent you a PM

JC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X