Freikorps Wolf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freikorps Wolf!

In the book of Salomon it was listed as collar tab insignia....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sergeant 08; 03-09-2014, 04:50 AM.

There was an interesting Freikorps Wolf photo in an auction yesterday. It shows the badge worn on sleeve.
    Attached Files

Comment

Has anybody ever seen a photo with the Wolf badge used as collar tab insiginia?

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
        Has anybody ever seen a photo with the Wolf badge used as collar tab insiginia?
        Never seen it worn as a collar tab. May be a simple mistake? In Haarke book it's mentioned as an arm shield already.

Comment

Originally posted by Destruction View Post
          Never seen it worn as a collar tab. May be a simple mistake? In Haarke book it's mentioned as an arm shield already.
          Yes, it seems to be a mistake.

Comment

This is just an observation but the design of both wolfs are quite different, the nose, eyebrow, ears and "mane" are for example not the same.
            Does the collar tab badge differs from the sleeve badge or is the one photographed a reproduction?

P.S. I really like the group photograph.

Comment

Originally posted by IchHattEinenKameraden View Post
              This is just an observation but the design of both wolfs are quite different, the nose, eyebrow, ears and "mane" are for example not the same.
              Does the collar tab badge differs from the sleeve badge or is the one photographed a reproduction?

P.S. I really like the group photograph.
              I think a collar tab existed never. FK Wolf badge is a sleeve badge!

Comment

I think a collar tab existed never. FK Wolf badge is a sleeve badge!
                Okay that's settled but why do the examples you posted look so much different to eachother?

Just trying to learn here, not pointing fingers or cause harm.

Comment

Okay that's settled but why do the examples you posted look so much different to eachother?

Just trying to learn here, not pointing fingers or cause harm.
                  I don't what it is in Salomon book (I think a drawing), but the other one is an orignal that I owend in past.

It was from the family of a FK soldier.
                  Last edited by Sergeant 08; 04-08-2014, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I believe there was a collar and sleeve badge.

The badge in von Salomon is a photo of a collar, which likely had splints on the back.

However, until a photo turns up with it being worn as a collar, this remains as speculation.

Comment

I don't what it is in Salomon book (I think a drawing), but the other one is an orignal that I owend in past.

It was from the family of a FK soldier.
                      "..that I owned in past.", why did you let such an awesome piece go if i may ask, i assume you only collect Wehrwolf items?

Comment

"..that I owned in past.", why did you let such an awesome piece go if i may ask, i assume you only collect Wehrwolf items?
                        My main interest is in Wehrwolf today. The badge found a good new home in the collection of a friend.

Comment

Bringing back this old thread, and it looks like Salomon was right about collar tab. Look what I got recently, an exact match to the picture in his book.
                          The size is around 30 x 20 mm, so it's a collar badge for sure.
                          The one Stefan shows in the beginning of the thread is an arm shield then.
                          Attached Files

Comment

nice piece Sergey. There were two sizes. So, obviously yours is the collar and the larger one was worn on the sleeve.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X