Freikorps von Neufville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Polux

I forgot that you had the cufftitle. It's a nice addition to the thread. So scarce to find one of these. thaks for showing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post

I think it also says that anyone else who aided the Schwarze Garde between 1918 and 1920 and held another Loyalty Award could be given the Treukreuz after proof of service was given to the Schwarze Garde veteran's association district office.
      This might explain why we have so many of these (at least the 1st class) around, having in mind the manpower of the unit.
      Ok, looks like now it more or less clear with Freikorps Neufville

Comment

Originally posted by Destruction View Post
        This might explain why we have so many of these (at least the 1st class) around, having in mind the manpower of the unit.
        Ok, looks like now it more or less clear with Freikorps Neufville
        Thanks to you news announcement about the Treukreuz, a long-standing piece of misinformation and uncertainty has once and for all been resolved.

Given that filling in all the gaps about the Freikorps is an arduous task, this is actually quite significant.

By the way, I wonder where that trumpet banner is. I'd love to have it!!

Comment

As far as the ribbon goes, it's the same as the Weimar era Prussian fireman's long service medal. So, at least finding a representational ribbon won't be that difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Destruction View Post
            I have this in my files. Hope our German forum mates can translate this exactly? So far I understand that it was in 2 classes awarded depending on time spent in FK? What makes it similar to Loewenfeld cross, condition-wise.
            Great article! Is it from the famous and unfortunately so seldom "Reiter gen Osten"?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilles C. View Post
              Great article! Is it from the famous and unfortunately so seldom "Reiter gen Osten"?
              Hi Gilles,
              Yep

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X