Marked-- by Meybauer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marked-- by Meybauer

Although asked for in the "flying badges" thread, I'll start a separate thread here for any and all items marked by Meybauer, OK? If you cannot post a scan of the marked item, please let us know what items you have that are so marked, so we get a "feel" for the range of their products.

Here is a scan of the reverse of my Prussian Flyers' Commemorative Badge:
    Attached Files

Here is the reverse of a Mecklenburg-Schwerin Friedrich Franz Cross 1st Class:
    Attached Files

Comment

And I will take the liberty of reposting this for Eric Stahlhut, on the back of his Freikorps "Stern von Malplaquet:"
      Attached Files

Comment

Brought back up in connection with the thread on use of FAKE Meybauer marks.

Stogie-Rick and I differ on use of this mark on flying badges-- he doesn't like my FCB above because of the 1920s marks and I'm content with it, from the flawless quality of the workmanship. I readily admit flying badges have never been my "thing," and I have seen many flying badges with the Meybauer mark (including airship badges) that made me gag--because of the LACK of fine finishing and detail like my piece. I'm not ready to reject them all out of hand-- but nor am I eager to "invest" in piling up more of them, either!

So far, on other awards like the Mecklenburg, Eric's Freikorps badge, somebody's Oldenburg FAK 1, Jeff McCulloh's Silesian Eagle 2nd Class (enamel type), there does not seem to be the "issues" with fake marks found on flying badges.

Like the unfortunate overreaction with Rudolf Souval marks on WW2 badges (they WERE a period maker), I just don't want new collectors to shy away from ALL Meybauer marked pieces because SOME very definitely ARE fakes. Many are also GOOD, 1920s and 1930s pieces. (I very much doubt the Meybauer "coat of arms" mark was used before 1919, but have no "evidence" for when it WAS introduced.)

Comment

Thirties/Schmirties

Ahem, I never said I did not like your badge, Mr. Lundstrom. I stated I did not trust badges of this type, with this mark. And for all our listeners, I wish to state that despite multiple visits to Herr Lundstrom's abode, and bribing him with lunches, said "suspect" badge has never been actually placed in my hands, for me to examine personally. Hmmm, maybe if I buy him steak lunch next time I wander over, hmmmmmm.<br>
          <p>
          Here's a retired pilot's badge I snagged from Detlev Niemann in Hamburg. Having seen and fondled oodles of fakes, I must say that the difference in quality between them, and this unmarked(!) one is amazing!
          <p>

Comment

Actually, as I recall you burst the kitchen screen door off frantically scrambling to escape, squealing in a high pitched voice "Eeeeeeeeeewwwww, it's so horrible! Get it away from me! It hurts my eyes! Make it sttttttttaaaaaaawwwwwwpp!"

You all duwanna know what happens when he sees a Crescent and Crown hallmark!!!

Comment

Keep cool Rick

Again here are scans my Maybauer made Lippe War-Honor-Cross "For Heroic Deed":
              Attached Files

Comment

Back
                Attached Files

Comment

Maybauer crest (under the pinback)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X