Mobiles Freikorps Bamberg 1919

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobiles Freikorps Bamberg 1919

Has anybody seen these pieces today? I guess a Freikorps soldier from Bavaria, who put his insignia on a cardboard later.

Who can tell me more about the "Mobiles FK Bamberg 1919". I could not find many informations about it.
    Attached Files

I bid heavily on this badge, but missed out in the end because of a slow computer.

I had one of these badges 16 years ago in my original Freikorps collection and have been looking for another one over the last year because it is quite a rare badge.

Mobile Freikorps Bamberg was a small motorized unit formed in February 1919 from former soldiers of II Bayr. Armeeekorps to deal with the Bolshevik uprising in Bavaria.
    It was a short-lived unit which in June 1919 formed part of Reichswehr Brigade 23, several members joining Reichswehr Minenwerferkompagnie 46 within the brigade.
    However the badge continued to be worn until the end of 1920.

The badges sewn to the card show the man's service: Bavarian Landwehr, Mobile Freikorps Bamberg and finally his hat cockade and wreath from Reichswehr Brig. 23 - a really nice set.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
      I bid heavily on this badge, but missed out in the end because of a slow computer.

I had one of these badges 16 years ago in my original Freikorps collection and have been looking for another one over the last year because it is quite a rare badge.

Mobile Freikorps Bamberg was a small motorized unit formed in February 1919 from former soldiers of II Bayr. Armeeekorps to deal with the Bolshevik uprising in Bavaria.
      It was a short-lived unit which in June 1919 formed part of Reichswehr Brigade 23, several members joining Reichswehr Minenwerferkompagnie 46 within the brigade.
      However the badge continued to be worn until the end of 1920.

The badges sewn to the card show the man's service: Bavarian Landwehr, Mobile Freikorps Bamberg and finally his hat cockade and wreath from Reichswehr Brig. 23 - a really nice set.
      Thanks for the additional informations!

PS: My computer is already very old. But the computer was still fast enough to win that auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
        Thanks for the additional informations!

PS: My computer is already very old. But the computer was still fast enough to win that auction.
        Happy it went to a good home.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
          Happy it went to a good home.
          Me too!

Comment

I guess it really is a small world. This piece came to live with me for a while.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CRBeery View Post
              I guess it really is a small world. This piece came to live with me for a while.
              Did you get it from a collector in California?

Comment

Yes sir. A collector with a very German name.

Comment

Originally posted by CRBeery View Post
                  Yes sir. A collector with a very German name.
                  A small world!

Did you buy it in an auction or do you know Reinhard?

Comment

Very nice Stefan, excellent group. congratulations!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X