Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FreiKorps Balken Cross

Hello Guys ,

I purchased a 1957 ribbon bar and medal grouping off our Bill Dienna , the ribbon bar has a balken cross on it , now were these produced post 1945 i.e. like the 1957 awards or would i have to get a pre 1945 piece and if so how much and does anyone have one for sale !!!

Thanks !

Grant

Here's a '57-style cross:

Comment

Obverse

Comment

Grant, I was of course assuming that you meant "Balten" or Baltic cross. Anyways, hopes this helps a bit--if not, at least I tried!

As far as prices go, they can't be too expensive.

Comment

Hello Eric ,

Many thanks for the pictures , yes you are right it is Baltic and not Balken

So they did make them post 1945 , can you remember what you paid for yours Eric i just want a ballpark figure so i can go searching for one !

Thanks for the help

Grant

Comment

A pre-1945 one normally goes for around $100, a 1957 one is cheaper. I think I paid $60-65 for my 1957.

Comment

Hello Vadim ,

Thanks for the prices , now all i got to do now is get a 1957 baltic cross !

Thanks for the help guys

Grant

Comment

I was wondering why you need a 1957er specifically? They looked the same, its not like a recipient was required to switch to a 1957 version, they were intended simply as replacement pieces for lost awards.
                Here is mine just so you see what I am talking about (this one is most likely from 1930s)
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Vadim ,

I have a 1957 ribbon bar with the baltic cross on it , i have all the awards on the ribbon bar except the baltic cross so a 1957 one would be ideal to complete the awards on the ribbon bar .

Thanks

Grant

Comment

Grant, thats my point, it could take you God knows how long to find a 1957 Baltenkreuz specifically, thats a very random thing to look for considering that these awards in any form are not exactly common to begin with. You can simply buy any Baltenkreuz, just make sure its genuine.

Comment

Hello Vadim ,

Thanks for that i did not know how rare these are , i,ll try to get hold of one be it an original or 1957 .

Thanks

Grant

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X