Freikorps IIIrd Marine Brigade von Loewenfeld, 2nd Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freikorps IIIrd Marine Brigade von Loewenfeld, 2nd Class

Trying to pin down the identity of a mystery ribbon Rick (may all his auction bids be fruitfull ones) pinned it down to a Freikorps IIIrd Marine Brigade von Loewenfeld 2nd Class. So i'm making an unheard of foray into these uncharted waters and asking you imperial types whether any of you either have or have a picture of one of these beasties???

The bar in question

Regards

Simon
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

It shouldn't be on there, of course, but the owner does seem to have gotten away with it, if his blurry smudgy portrait with a Bavarian style ribbon bar is any indication.

We've seen pix of FIRST classes-- has anybody got a SECOND????

Comment

Yes, sorry i should have said. This is one of 4 ribbon bars being sold from the estate of Konteradmiral Hans-Joachim Gadow. The only photo i have seen of him, and one in which he is wearing this particular combination of awards although somewhat blurry is in "Deutschlands Admirale"

I could also mention that all 4 ribbon bars are on Andre Hüsken's site, 2 of which should shortly be arriving at their new home

My own interest in this bar comes from the fact that Gadow was commander of the 3 Zerstörer flottille at Narvik (where he lost all but one of his ships). So some nice items to one of the senior German commanders of that campaign.

Regards

Simon
      Last edited by Simon O.; 05-21-2003, 06:08 AM.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X