How Ribbon Bar Addicts Pass The Long, Dark Winter Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello:
    Mike's ribbon bar may have belonged to Gen.Maj. Eugen Bilharz, born 06.Aug.1886 and died 08.Dec. 1963.. In the Biblio series on German army generals he is pictured with four medals on his medalbar. the I.C. 2nd cl. in third position and three what appear to be Saxon medals.
    Gen.Lt. Konrad Haase 's picture in the above mentioned series shows him with (by my count) eleven (11) ribbons on his ribbon bar.
    Bernhard H. Holst

Comment

But what were they both doing from 1919-1921? Any mention of Freikorps, Grenzschütz, or the like?

Bilharz's WW1s match, but I doubt either General had any Freikorps service since Bilharz was in the "garrison army" and Haase was in the Police--unless their entries say otherwise?

Comment

hello:
        Neither Bilharz' nor Haase's bios give any indication of having been involved in eastern/slesian frontier defense activities.
        Bilharz for a short time lead a "Sicherheits Batallion "Bilharz' in Zwickau/Saxony. But based on my recollection there were homegrown security concerns in Saxony at that time.
        Bernhard H. Holst

Comment

Yeah, there was enough trouble at home on every street corner.

OK, the two Generals can be scratched from MY "Silesian" group. Thanks Bernhard!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X