Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichsheer Infantry Officer Visor for Review

Hi all,

I just purchased this Welhausen Reichswehr cap. I havent seen many of these in the wild, but seemed copacetic based on known examples and some research in Schlicht/Kraus's Reichswehr book. I felt confident enough based on that, but do have return privelige if I missed something.

I'm not 100% on interwar kokarden, but I believe based imperial convention the blue and gold on this one is Braunschweig?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Yes to Braunschweig! The black buttons would make this an enlisted man's hat as far as I know and it is very much like the one on p. 96 of the Schlicht/Kraus book. Fine looking example. No evidence of a Totenkopf ever being between the cockades? The chin cord question certainly needs more investigation. If only there is further information written on the inside of the sweatband.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
      Yes to Braunschweig! The black buttons would make this an enlisted man's hat as far as I know and it is very much like the one on p. 96 of the Schlicht/Kraus book. Fine looking example. No evidence of a Totenkopf ever being between the cockades? The chin cord question certainly needs more investigation. If only there is further information written on the inside of the sweatband.
      I thought the black buttons were odd, but it would make sense if the original chinstrap were lost and someone unknowingly/knowingly put an officer cord on it. I don't think there would be any case where an officer would use a reclaimed EM cap, do you?

I was hoping to see holes where a Braunchsweig Totenkopf was, but no such luck.

I've attached another picture of the inside, but nothing else in the sweat band that I can see other than the maker's mark.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X