Freikorps forum avatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freikorps forum avatar

Looking for a pic to convert into the avatar for the Freikorps forum. It will be visible on the main forum page. I'd like something that says "FREIKORPS." Suggestions are welcome.
    pseudo-expert

Originally posted by Don D. View Post
    Looking for a pic to convert into the avatar for the Freikorps forum. It will be visible on the main forum page. I'd like something that says "FREIKORPS." Suggestions are welcome.
    How about this?

Mobiles Freikorps Bamberg badge.jpg

Comment

The most iconic and the most recognizable Freikorps badge that I can think of is the Schlesischer Adler.

For a small avatar, I would use a photo of one of the badges made in the 1930s because the feathers are more discernable than they are on the original all-black eagles.

Here are some images from which to choose:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...w=1274&bih=631
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gardereiter View Post
        The most iconic and the most recognizable Freikorps badge that I can think of is the Schlesischer Adler.

For a small avatar, I would use a photo of one of the badges made in the 1930s because the feathers are more discernable than they are on the original all-black eagles.

Here are some images from which to choose:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...w=1274&bih=631
        Yes, it's iconic. But, the SA doesn't say "FREIKORPS" which is what Don asked for. That's why I suggested Mobile Freikorps Bamberg 1919. It has everything including the date.

Another possibility, also with the word "FREIKORPS" would be the badge for Freikorps Potsdam.
        Freikorps-Potsdam-Ärmelabzeichen.jpg

Comment

I'm not sure Don actually wants the word "Freikorps" on the image for the avatar. I believe the word "Says" as it was used it in his sentence actually means "To give a non-verbal expression to something" or better yet, "To signify or embody."

Maybe Don could clarify this.

Last edited by Gardereiter; 07-10-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

How would these images look resized to fit the area provided for the avatars? Could you still make out what they are?
            Last edited by Gardereiter; 08-03-2020, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gardereiter View Post
              I'm not sure Don actually wants the word "Freikorps" on the image for the avatar. I believe the word "Says" as it was used it in his sentence actually means "To give a non-verbal expression to something" or better yet, "To signify or embody."

Maybe Don could clarify this.

You are correct.
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don D. View Post

You are correct.
                Sorry. I took your comment to mean you wanted the word "FREIKORPS" on the avatar. I guess I was being stupid and obtuse.

Enameled Silesian Eagle is probably the best then, the same as is being used on GMIC.
                Last edited by Brian L.; 07-10-2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Well, SE is used for avatar on GMIC already What about Iron Division medal? Or, better, a cut-out skull from this medal.

Comment

P.S. Some enameled Grenzschutz Ost badge might work as well, looks pretty bright and recognizable. Brian, sorry for using your picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Destruction View Post
                      P.S. Some enameled Grenzschutz Ost badge might work as well, looks pretty bright and recognizable. Brian, sorry for using your picture.
                      No problem. Grenzschutz Ost works well. Now that i see it, the Mobile Freikorps Bamberg badge is too dark and difficult to read when sized down.

Comment

May be too late,
                        but there are some incredible portrait photos of Freikorps members that are almost Iconic. Plus, I am not an expert like you gentlemen!
                        So this is just an idea.
                        john
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think the Grenzschutz Ost badge works quite well and is one of the main symbols used by the Freikorps.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                            I think the Grenzschutz Ost badge works quite well and is one of the main symbols used by the Freikorps.
                            Brian,
                            agreed.
                            Comparing the two, it shows up quite well as an Avatar, and immediately relates to the Freikorps
                            as soon as you see it. Much better than a black and white photo.

John

Comment

The Schlesischer Adler is to me the most evocative badge to represent the Freikorps. For the average collector with no Freikorps knowledge the Gr. Ost shield may look like Teutonic Knights or even Monty Python.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X