Opinions on Silesian Eagle 1st Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Silesian Eagle 1st Class

All, I would appreciate any opinions as to this SE's originality or lack thereof.

Don
    Attached Files

Hi Don
    You would probably get better feedback on the freekorps forum where the Pros hang out but IMO this one falls in the "lack thereof" category...

Looks like a poor casting of a very common early type but the detail isnt there and judging from the front picture the devices (crescent and bandeau) seem to be part of the basic "die" (or casting here) but there are clips (early style rivets) on the back? Attached is one of many original variations of this type SE but the one you show isnt one of them

Best

JC
    Attached Files

Comment

Agreed, a 1-piece cast repro that should be in the Freikorps section.
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I agree, clearly a cast fake. Will try to move this one to the proper sub forum.
        Kind regards,
        Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Thanks, all - much appreciated!

Don

Comment

The original SA from which this was cast was a late WWII zinc eagle. It has these rather unique type of short square rivets that look like they were slotted through. There have been a lot of casts of both the 2nd class and 1st class appear on the market in recent years.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X