Freikorps v. Epp badge-for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freikorps v. Epp badge-for review

I would like to get your opinion about the originality of this Freikorps v. Epp badge. I must say, I do not like the sloppy marking of the manufacturer.
    Thank you in advance for your comments.
    Attached Files

It looks ok to me. But, the cloth backing is not original.

See post #134 in the following thread to see three I have in my collection.

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...d.php?t=752965
    Last edited by Brian L.; 05-12-2020, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for the information and the link.
      Best regards,
      Klaus

Comment

Are there any examples with piping out there?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
          Look at the link I provided below.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
            In the Verordnungsblatt der Obersten SA-Führung from January 18, 1934 were noted for
            wearing within the SA:
            a) members that were at an active Truppenteil or Schïtzenbrigade 21: black diamond, no piping;
            b) those from a Zeitfreillwigen (Schützen) formation: blue diamond, no piping;
            c) those that already were a Freikorps-member at Ohrdruf: green piping;
            d) officers, whoch were NCO's or just enlisted: golden piping;
            e) SA-men from Schützenstandarte 1, which were not a member from the Freikorps nor Schützenbrigade 21: green diamond.

Candidates from the SA were not allowed to wear any doamong form.

Authorization or wearing was to be controlled at the Geschäftsstelle from the Freikorps and then had to be documented.
            All former members had to own a sort of pass from the Freikorps Epp.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
              In the Verordnungsblatt der Obersten SA-Führung from January 18, 1934 were noted for
              wearing within the SA:
              a) members that were at an active Truppenteil or Schïtzenbrigade 21: black diamond, no piping;
              b) those from a Zeitfreillwigen (Schützen) formation: blue diamond, no piping;
              c) those that already were a Freikorps-member at Ohrdruf: green piping;
              d) officers, whoch were NCO's or just enlisted: golden piping;
              e) SA-men from Schützenstandarte 1, which were not a member from the Freikorps nor Schützenbrigade 21: green diamond.

Candidates from the SA were not allowed to wear any doamong form.

Authorization or wearing was to be controlled at the Geschäftsstelle from the Freikorps and then had to be documented.
              All former members had to own a sort of pass from the Freikorps Epp.
              Besides the blue diamond with no piping, one existed with silver bullion piping for officers and silver gray piping for NCOs and enlisted men which was worn by Bavarian State Police. There was also a version for Ohrdruf volunteers who had long service with alternating gold/green piping.

The black diamond with green piping denoting an original Ohrdruf volunteer when the Freikorps was formed on 11.2.1919 was actually first adopted for wear in October, 1919 by the Übergangsheer. This tradition carried over to the SA.

There is a known variation on a red diamond with gold piping. But, I've never been able to find any documentation on this. Although, I have seen one which I believe was a genuine period piece.

Besides the SA, the badge was authorized for wear by the Bavarian State Police by order on 16.10.1933, the Wehrmacht by an order in 1935 and again in a revised order (Wehrkreisverordnungsblatt Nr 32) in August 1940. Also, ehemaligen Bundes Freikorps Epp, München/Kameradschaft München published revised statutes for the different variations in September 1940 which included those worn by the SA, Bavarian State Police, Wehrmacht and Bund Freikorps Epp.
              Last edited by Brian L.; 05-17-2020, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                Besides the blue diamond with no piping, one existed with silver bullion piping for officers and silver gray piping for NCOs and enlisted men which was worn by Bavarian State Police. There was also a version for Ohrdruf volunteers who had long service with alternating gold/green piping.

The black diamond with green piping denoting an original Ohrdruf volunteer when the Freikorps was formed on 11.2.1919 was actually first adopted for wear in October, 1919 by the Übergangsheer. This tradition carried over to the SA.

There is a known variation on a red diamond with gold piping. But, I've never been able to find any documentation on this. Although, I have seen one which I believe was a genuine period piece.

Besides the SA, the badge was authorized for wear by the Bavarian State Police by order on 16.10.1933, the Wehrmacht by an order in 1935 and again in a revised order (Wehrkreisverordnungsblatt Nr 32) in August 1940. Also, ehemaligen Bundes Freikorps Epp, München/Kameradschaft München published revised statutes for the different variations in September 1940 which included those worn by the SA, Bavarian State Police, Wehrmacht and Bund Freikorps Epp.
                I just quoted what was allowed to be worn within the SA-organization according to the mentioned order.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                  I just quoted what was allowed to be worn within the SA-organization according to the mentioned order.
                  Yes, Wilhelm and it was your usual excellent information. I just wanted to add to it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X