Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freilkorps ?

Gentlemen . . .
    A bit of a long~shot as I am opening this item just might be a Feilkortps piece ?
    Don't know too much about it the buckram might put me off but can you help ?
    Regards David
    Attached Files

The badge is Freikorps: Generalkommando Lüttwitz/Abteilung Lüttwitz. I've never seen this badge on this kind of collar. Nor have I ever seen it together with a swastika. However both the badge and the swastika are contemporary. I'm not sure about the collar backing. If the whole thing is legitimate, it may have been worn during the Kapp-Lüttwitz Putsch in 1920 as the swastika figured prominently on the helmets etc. of other Freikorps involved, especially Brigade Ehrhardt.

It has a very SS/SA look to it. But, of course it doesn't make any sense in relation to either the SS or SA, unless it's some sort of early hybrid thingy, which seems doubtful. Also, why is the oakleaf so worn, but the swastika and backing are nearly pristine?

Overall, I really don't know about this set-up and am not so sure about it at all. My gut tells me it's been put together.
    Last edited by Brian L.; 02-17-2020, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Thank you for a detailed updated. . . much more than I know
      Kind regards
      David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X