Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichskriegerbund stickpin

Hi!

Not really sure if this is the correct place to open this thread but here I go:
    Please give an opinion on this stickpin, I think is a prewar design, 20s? 30s? Only have this photo by now. Any opinion will be wellcome

All the best

Nacho
    Attached Files

It's a not a pin for the general Kyffhäuserbund as such, but a membership pin for the Verband der Kriegsbeschädigten und Kriegshinterbliebenen des Deutschen Reichskriegerbundes Kyffhäuser ("Verband der Kh. und Kb." for short), i.e. the Union of Disabled Ex-Servicemen and Surviving Dependants of the German Veterans' Association 'Kyffhäuser'.

This was a charitable organisation set up by the Kyffhäuserbund ; its mission was to promote the interests of wounded veterans and the next-of-kin of the fallen and to help and assist them in matters of veterans' benefits, pensions etc.

The emblem existed since the early twenties*. I don't know how long it was used.

*) According to Ludwig Arndt's book Die Abzeichen der deutschen Militär- und Marinevereine, it is pictured in a supplement to the Kriegerzeitung of 11 April 1922.

Comment

It was used until 1933.

Comment

Thanks to both HPL2008 & bolewts58, very useful information about this stickpin

All the Best

Nacho

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X