No announcement yet.

Some Early Postal Uniform items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting uniforms, thanks for sharing. Quite amazing these survived and have been preserved considering they must have been obsolete for some years even within the DDR!

Comment

Gordon,
      Top shelf items and an area overlooked by most collectors...three cheers!
      MY QUESTION TO ALL WHO MAY HAVE AN ANSWER:
      Why have we never heard of a single instance of an east-bloc postal service employee going "postal" with...yes an AK 47?
      KF

Comment

Stonemint,
        The DDR women's postal beret is just as rare as the TR one. The one pictured in this thread is the only one I have ever seen for sale. I must have a look at your TR postal thread. I am sure it will be very interesting.

Jon M.

Here is a picture of the label. I'll also post the makers label that was inside the coat.

Regards,

Gordon
        Attached Files

Comment

Jon M,

The label from the interior of the coat.

Cheers,

Gordon
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is a picture I forgot to post yesterday. It is of an early postal M43 type hat. Unfortunately, I was not the winner of this particular auction so I can not show the interior of the cap. Someone had much deeper pockets than I!

Cheers,

Gordon
            Attached Files

Comment

The seller claims this to be an early postal uniform but it looks too recent to me - although I know nothing about postal uniforms. With shipping to North America at 40€ I think I will pass.

Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

I would like to help but there is no picture or auction url with your post. Did you include one? 40 euros is about standard these days to ship a uniform from Germany to the U.S. and makes it difficult to justify buying East or West German uniforms unless they are very rare ones. The Bundespost stopped shipping parcels just over a year ago and their parcel service is now handled by a courier service and that is why it is so expensive. If you can not post pictures on the forum send me an email and I will help all that I can.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

postal

Gordon,

You have some really great stuff. Mike Custer

Comment

Just a thought regarding postal costs from Germany -

Its very true that prices have shot through the roof in the last two years. However, they still offer a special low rate referred to as "Book Rate". It means the parcel will be shipped by sea rather than air. It is still very inexpensive, but means there will be a delay in receipt of the goods, since they are going by boat. But it is worth consideration, and often if you ask dealers to ship by this method, they will. I do it for the cheap inexpensive stuff I sometimes acquire.
                    Michael D. GALLAGHER

M60-A2 Tank Commander Cold War proverb: “You can accomplish more with a kind word and a ‘Shillelagh’ than you can with just a kind word.”

Comment

Michael,

The book rate can be useful but has its limits. The is a weight limit for the book rate. 2 kgs come to mind but I can not be sure that is right. I doubt that a uniform would qualify for the book rate but it never hurts to ask.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Sorry I forgot the link. Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.de/FRUHE-DDR-Hoher-R...QQcmdZViewItem

Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

Sorry for taking a long time get back to you. My ISPs server has been going down constantly all day. The uniform in this auction is the last style used by the DDR Postal Service. The colour of the photos is poor. In the mid 70s they moved away from the blue uniform to one of a more grey/blue colour. I can not find my hat/ranggruppe chart right now,(didn't want to take time looking for it when I was finally able to log on) but I think the cap cord on the cap shown with the uniform is correct for this rank. The rank is that of Hauptinspektor. Good luck if you are going to bid on it. These uniforms have not been that rare in the past but like everything else in the DDR line they are beginning to disappear. Now is the time to buy.

Cheers,

Gordon

Comment

Old thread, but it took me a while to find a DRP Beret--they are very rare.

As you can see, the DDR imitated the same cutm color, piping and style of the TR Beret, with the exception of the insignia:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Stonemint,

Thanks for showing the comparison of the TR and DDR postal berets. Very useful info. Any chanc of a picture of the interior of the TR beret?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                                Stonemint,

Thanks for showing the comparison of the TR and DDR postal berets. Very useful info. Any chanc of a picture of the interior of the TR beret?

Regards,

Gordon

Sure Gordon, no prob. When I first looked at yours again, I initially thought they just re-badged a TR beret, but I then saw the Emhage logo.

Mine is unmarked, and has an oilcloth sweatband, and a rayon lining for the top only.
                                Attached Files
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X