Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundesgrenzschutz Group

Hi Folks:

I attended the "Forum Historicum" event at Wirges, Germany and I picked up a plastic bag containing a group of "Bundesgrenzschutz" insignia. The marksmanship cord caught my eye....since I've never seen one before. When I was first stationed in Germany at Bitburg AB....I recall the BundesGrenzSchutz and Zoll. I see where the Bundesgrenzschutz was re-named...in 2005.

Thanks for looking
    Attached Files

I apologize for the out-of-focus picture. The metal eagle are for the cap/beret....so I don't know why one is on the marksmanship cord.

Comment

BGS introduced Schützenschnur 1957 and no eagle was worn on it (you have correct, it is cap badge, also used on GSG9 beret). Not sure, when eliminated, but probably after the 1976 uniform transition. However your example look like a civilian type for Schützenvereine, BGS is silver with green flecks, not entire green parts like this. This is BGS:

Patches are for shirt - white on green 1976-2001 (also earlier use since 1970 on the old blue/grey shirts), yellow on green 2001-05. Others are Tätigskeitsabzeichen for GSG9 of course.

Comment

Thank you Klaus1989...I appreciate your help. I’ll remove the eagle/cap insignia from the cord. Question about the cord..based upon color....the colors surely match...would the BGS also change their marksmanship as they changed/updated ...maybe? But maybe Forestry? Again thank you.
        Last edited by Edelweisse; 09-08-2019, 11:49 PM.

Comment

the changes/updates eliminated the cord entirely, because move toward strictly police role and gradual "demilitarisation" of BGS. I have never seen other variants of BGS Schützenschnur. Forst would not have Schützenschnur.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X