Camo Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo Jacket

I recently acquired this jacket and was told Its Bundeswehr . Question Is approximately what time period and maybe ballpark value ? It Is well worn and has several repairs . Thanks guys
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

1956 /57; after which it was superseded by the ' filzlaus' combat uniform, tho' the splittertarn was worn until the mid 60's or beyond.

To check out values look on Ebayde and search ' fruhe Bundeswehr splittertarn '.

Comment

Craig H,

These jackets are often found well worn, patched and faded. As RJKG said, they were reissued and worn into the 60's. If you were looking for a resale value in North America forget looking at ebay.de. They sell for a lot less in North America than they do in Germany.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

No Label in the Pockets for the Date?

Comment

Yes , there Is a label but I cant make any Information out . If anyone may be Interested let me know , Im probably gonna put It up for sale .
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like it was made by RKK in December 1956, though it's a guess as the label is so faded. Not that it really matters what the label says as the variant, condition, and size are what determines value. I'd say this is "medium" condition relative to what I usually see on eBay. It's largely intact (buttons, snaps, D rings, etc) and repairs are minimal. Fading is about average.

I'd call this a "solid" example. Very good examples go for upwards of $200+ on German eBay, so this one is probably in the $80 neighborhood on US eBay. Your mileage may vary

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X