Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polizei Raincoat

Hi Folks:

I couldn't pass this up.....always remembered the German Polizei out in the bad weather wearing these raincoats.....just missing the slip-on shoulder boards
    Attached Files

What shoulder boards would go on this raincoat?

Comment

Depends on the State.
      Is there a Maker marked?
      Most possible that it was made by a Maker for "His" State Police.

Comment

maker label is visible in photo - BeKa made for several states, so not help. The shoulderboard attachments themselves eliminate several states. Not 100% sure for ID, but material remind me of NRW raincoats, that i have seen. The shoulderboards on the NRW coats i have seen were pointed and same rubberised material as the coat with pinned rank pips.

Klaus

Comment

I agree with Klaus that the tip off here is the size of the shoulder board loops. Wide ones, like this, narrows down the possibilities. I would say NRW is the best (only?) possibility.

Klaus, interesting what you say about the pips being painted. I'm pretty sure I have some of the straps in my collection somewhere, but I don't recall them being painted. I'll dig around and see if I can find something to show. I know the soft gray cloth ones for the gray cloth rain/top coat I have were not painted.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

i said, that the NRW shoulderboards themselves were pointed and the pips were pinned (on), not painted! I have never seen painted pips either, they are always metal colour.

Klaus

Comment

Ah!! I haven't seen that either OK, you got my curiosity up and I'll see what I have in my collection. I think I have both a coat and some spare rank in my collection to look at.

Steve

Comment

I dug out a set of NRW vinyl shoulder straps. As I remembered, they have standard metal pips (Sterne) on them. I think I got them along with a bunch of NRW straps for the gray cloth raincoat, but they might have come separately. Of course it's possible the metal rank was placed on them by a collector. I have no way of knowing.

Steve

Comment

Can some one post pictures of the correct style of shoulder boards that should go on this raincoat....since I currently live in Germany and I can look for a pair. Maybe in a flohmarkt or collector show.

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                    Steve,

i said, that the NRW shoulderboards themselves were pointed and the pips were pinned (on), not painted! I have never seen painted pips either, they are always metal colour.

Klaus
                    There are "modern" 6-Pointed Pips available, painted in green or blue, depending on what Uniform is used.
                    Sadly I'm not allowed to take a Pic from the Makers Catalog but maybe I order some the next time I buy from them.

Comment

Here is a picture of my set. Unfortunately, PhotoBucket took my money for a subscription and so far haven't changed my account status. I've sent them another demand to fix things, but it might take a while before they do. Until then, sadly, this picture will remain blurred:

I've looked at the set closely and I'm sure the pips are original. Looks like it came from an officer that received a promotion as there were originally 2 pips and then 3. The prongs even have a bit of rust on them.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve....that makes sense... I would need a slip-on pair like you have pictured. This really helps....I will keep an eye open for a pair

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                          Here is a picture of my set. Unfortunately, PhotoBucket took my money for a subscription and so far haven't changed my account status. I've sent them another demand to fix things, but it might take a while before they do. Until then, sadly, this picture will remain blurred:

I've looked at the set closely and I'm sure the pips are original. Looks like it came from an officer that received a promotion as there were originally 2 pips and then 3. The prongs even have a bit of rust on them.

Steve
                          Steve,

You don't have to use photobucket anymore. Read here https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for....php?t=1017742

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thanks Gordon! I must have missed the memo I'm glad that this option exists, though I don't think PhotoBucket will repeat the blackout. The letter from the new CEO was pretty humble about how bad the old management team screwed up.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                              Steve,

You don't have to use photobucket anymore. Read here https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for....php?t=1017742

Regards,

Gordon
                              Thought it's for the DDR Forum only!
                              Does it works for the whole Forum now? How will the Forum funded then, when everybody can Post freely?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X