Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kampfanzug 1956 splinter trousers

Hi Guys
    I have a pair of Kampfanzug 1956 splinter trousers no belt used but very good condition one shall repair what would be the going price ? As I wold
    Like to put them on e stand

Robert

Price depends on the size of the trousers and the repair. small sizes with repairs going for 80 €, big sizes (L upwards) in good condition up to € 200. I just have seen a mint one from 1956 in waist 105cm for body height 180 cm sold for 250 €.

Comment

Hi
      I will have to check them over think they are a medium size and just a one inch
      Repair thanks for the pricing very helpful just need to renew membership if it’s
      Working ok now ?

Thanks

Robert

Comment

Prices are all over the place. You'll also notice ones on German eBay in the EUR 200-350 range. Some of them have been there for years.

Condition is the main issue. Well used, but without lots of repairs, fetches EUR 100 and up. Well used and heavily repaired tends to go for EUR 100 and less. Very good condition can get towads EUR 200, but that's pretty rare in my experience. Having a belt should add more value, however a really nice condition trousers without a belt will likely sell for the same with one.

Size issue magnifies the value of good condition examples, but I don't think it does much in the negative. I know I'd pay a LOT more for a small sized, very good condition example than I would a large sized, beat up one.

One thing is for sure... the prices continue to go up.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve
          Thanks for the information had a quick look and they are marked inside with a felt
          Pen 36 and there is the original label one small repair some scuffing on the pockets
          But overall not bad but like I said no belt

Robert

Comment

SOLDAT1,

I have sold three pair, in North America, in the last few months and prices listed in euros were not relevant to what I could get for mine. I had two of what I would call medium size and one large size. One with the belt and two without. The large size ones were new and in unworn condition. Having a belt used to make a difference in price but that doesn't seem to hold true any more. The large ones were the hardest to sell. Everyone who contacted me wanted a small pair that they could wear. My comments that these uniforms were usually large in size because they were worn over the basic uniform didn't seem to make any difference to the buyers.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Here in Germany everyone asks for a large pair for wearing.

Comment

Gordon is very much correct about the market for these things outside of Germany. Very, very, very few Germans bid on items listed on the primary (US based) eBay site. There are several reasons for that, but the end result is the same... the people with the biggest appetite for old BW items (Splittertarn included) are not a factor. That means lower prices. DDR Blumentarn is similar.

Like Gordon, I've sold many German items on US eBay at significantly lower prices than I see similar items sell on German eBay. Uunfortunately, the cost of sending the item back to Germany and then having a friend list it for me is not worth it.

I shudder to think of what my BRD Polizei collection is worth here in the US... probably less than the postage I paid from Germany

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X