Funny Stuff from "Raped" Originals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny Stuff from "Raped" Originals!

As we have funny Stuff from time to time I want to show this, made by a well known Wholesaler.
    Original fittings cut off and replaced by a Shoulder Strap System.
    Attached Files

A "Vest" from June 2019.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1007919

Comment

I think the German straps on the M70 pack is kind of brilliant. Makes it possible to use the pack without the M70 jacket. I have four of the packs, and one is missing the buckle for the waist straps. I'm thinking about fashioning some straps so it can be used in a standalone manner.

Comment

I've seen the butchered pack for sale somewhere recently. I agree, it's a pretty good modification to make the pack functional without the uniform. But it's against the Geneva Convention on Collecting Militaria

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
          But it's against the Geneva Convention on Collecting Militaria

Comment

Originally posted by lew View Post
            I think the German straps on the M70 pack is kind of brilliant. Makes it possible to use the pack without the M70 jacket. I have four of the packs, and one is missing the buckle for the waist straps. I'm thinking about fashioning some straps so it can be used in a standalone manner.

The earliest version of the pack didn't have a belt buckle. The straps were symmetrical and secured directly to the belt loops. Maybe you have one of those? They were made out of plain-woven canvas (instead of denim/twill) and are quite hard to find (hence worth holding onto as they are, I think). Coincidentally, I found mine and posted it on the Swiss Rifles discussion forum 9 years ago almost to the day (post #9)! That used to be a fun forum for discussing Swiss gear. Even Ian McCullum ("Gun Jesus" on Youtube) showed up out of the blue one day to inquire about some uniform or fieldgear-related stuff. Sadly, the militaria sub-section went almost completely dormant after Frank "Guisan" van Binnendijk suddenly passed away some years ago, because everyone there got used to orbiting around him when the forum was still in its original iteration...

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/thes...t=2702&p=61328

Comment

Hi Gene!

Now I'm going to have to dig out my canvas pack. I remember it having later twill straps sewn onto it. I figured it was a repair, but it now seems like it was to bring it up to a newer standard.

Sorry for the off topic diversion, but I can not resist talking obscure Swiss stuff whenever possible

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                I've seen the butchered pack for sale somewhere recently. I agree, it's a pretty good modification to make the pack functional without the uniform. But it's against the Geneva Convention on Collecting Militaria

Steve
                Yes, they flat around in large quantities as they're really cheap and all the Dealers try to make some money out of them.
                I also have some for a fiver, but only because I don't want t throw them away.
                Somebody may can use them as a Daypack wor Work etc.

Comment

Got some Bayo's from a friend's shop who told me that they came from the same wholesaler for a lot of money.
                  What did they have done to you baybe!
                  More concerning, the Quality control, one reason why I stopped business with this guy.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gene T View Post
                    The earliest version of the pack didn't have a belt buckle. The straps were symmetrical and secured directly to the belt loops. Maybe you have one of those? They were made out of plain-woven canvas (instead of denim/twill) and are quite hard to find (hence worth holding onto as they are, I think). Coincidentally, I found mine and posted it on the Swiss Rifles discussion forum 9 years ago almost to the day (post #9)! That used to be a fun forum for discussing Swiss gear. Even Ian McCullum ("Gun Jesus" on Youtube) showed up out of the blue one day to inquire about some uniform or fieldgear-related stuff. Sadly, the militaria sub-section went almost completely dormant after Frank "Guisan" van Binnendijk suddenly passed away some years ago, because everyone there got used to orbiting around him when the forum was still in its original iteration...

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/thes...t=2702&p=61328

Gene,

That's great to know. I found it odd that it didn't have any buckle arrangement, but also doubtful that it was not produced that way. How, exactly, does it attach to the M70 jacket?

Comment

Originally posted by lew View Post
                      Gene,

That's great to know. I found it odd that it didn't have any buckle arrangement, but also doubtful that it was not produced that way. How, exactly, does it attach to the M70 jacket?

Directly through the belt loops, like this (camo-on-camo details are hard to make out, so I traced the outline of the pack in green and the jacket in blue to help with orientation. hopefully you can tell what is what. The snugness is somewhat adjustable, as you have three loops to play with on both sides):

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X