Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leibertarn jacket

Hi,

I found this leibertarn jacket. But I realy don't know which types of uniform this.

All opinion welcome!
    Attached Files

Post war Czechoslovakia.

Comment

hunmilitaria,

I agree with Hoover. This cammo came in a two part suit and a one piece suit used by the para forces. I own one of the para suits.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

A bit off topic, but as I am a camo collector I can't resist

Yup, this is what collectors call a "reissue" Leibermuster jacket. These sets were originally 2 piece reversible camo in the Soviet recon/sniper design. I don't remember if an exact production date was ever pinned down, but most likely late 1950s or perhaps as late as 1960. They came in three reversible types:

1. Leibermuster/Green Mraky (Clouds)
        2. Brown Mraky/Green Mraky
        3. Solid Green/Solid Green with fake grass tufts

There are a few variations on the Brown/Green reversible printings and the Green Mraky of the Leibermuster is not the same as the one that reverses to Brown Mraky.

The uniforms were easily worn out, but at some point the Czechoslovaks took already spent uniforms and remanufactured them into greatly simplified 2 piece uniforms designed to be worn only on one side (Brown Mraky or Leibermuster). Hoods were removed, new collar added, pockets added, pass through pockets sewn shut, mittens removed, cuffs added, and some other changes. Some had all of these featuers, others didn't have exactly the same composition.

Because the original uniforms were worn out, remanufactured, and then reissued it's tough to find an intact original set. They are highly desirable too.

And there you have it

Steve
        Last edited by Collectinsteve; 03-14-2019, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
          hunmilitaria,

I agree with Hoover. This cammo came in a two part suit and a one piece suit used by the para forces. I own one of the para suits.

Regards,

Gordon
          I'd be very interested to see what you have in the one piece suit. I can't picture what that is.

Since we're on the topic, the Czechoslovaks also used several heavily modified versions of WH Sumpftarn and a direct copy of WH Splittertarn for shelter halves. They really don't look anything like BGS Sumpftarn or BW Splittertarn, so they shouldn't be confused with BRD production items.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

I posted it here some years ago. I'll see if I can find those old photos.

Blessings,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X