Happy new Year and important changes for the hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy new Year and important changes for the hobby

I like to wish everybody a Happy and successfull new Year.

Hope you still have fun with your Hobby in the future even if it might be a bit more expensive.

German Mail changed their Rules with shipping Stuff,
    the cancelled the large Registered Letters up to 2 Kilos what was a good way to ship Stuff from Germany Overseas.
    There was an extra insurance possible, so everything was safe for buyers & sellers.
    Now it's only allowed to send Letters, so written Stuff by small registered letters, so nothing to add like even a Patch or so.
    you "MUST" send it in a tracked but uninsured Letter, so no compensation if lost.
    The only alternate ist to send it a small parcel or Packet, what is much more expensive.
    Read on another Forum that they also raised Prices for some options.
    Still didn't found out what's going on now, maybe they can tell me in the next day's.
    Yesterday I shipped out the last Medals the old fashioned way.

This is very good to know and see how much this is going to effect the collecting community.
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
      I like to wish everybody a Happy and successfull new Year.

Hope you still have fun with your Hobby in the future even if it might be a bit more expensive.

German Mail changed their Rules with shipping Stuff,
      the cancelled the large Registered Letters up to 2 Kilos what was a good way to ship Stuff from Germany Overseas.
      There was an extra insurance possible, so everything was safe for buyers & sellers.
      Now it's only allowed to send Letters, so written Stuff by small registered letters, so nothing to add like even a Patch or so.
      you "MUST" send it in a tracked but uninsured Letter, so no compensation if lost.
      The only alternate ist to send it a small parcel or Packet, what is much more expensive.
      Read on another Forum that they also raised Prices for some options.
      Still didn't found out what's going on now, maybe they can tell me in the next day's.
      Yesterday I shipped out the last Medals the old fashioned way.
      Thank you for the information! Sad to see, more money, less items....

Comment

You might think it's next to robbery.
        An Item what might be shipped for 5 Euros insured, can be sent now for 16 euros untracked and uninsured.
        Since the Mail system was given out of state hands, everything's gettting worse.
        Delivery Guy's pass by and say there was no Name on the Board.
        I live there since 30 Yrs. with a Name on, but they're even not be able to find out who was the Driver that day do ask fo an excuse.
        Even with the Street Robbery in the Medievals it was more possible that you got your Stuff safely than today.
        There is no week without any trouble in sending or receiving Goods.

Comment

Last edited by chiffonnier; 09-10-2020, 02:08 AM.

Comment

You might think they have so many problems with Fraud and theft that they not longer want to compensate this if you're not willing to pay tripple or more to send it insured.
            Many Years I had a problem, in fact they didn't paid, telling me a camera in top of my packing place would be good.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X