Real or reproduction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real or reproduction?

Is this a reproduction? And if not approximately from what time period post war is it? I’m trying to educate myself and broaden my horizons in the German police field to include the early post war BRD period.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files

Kripo73,

This is not a reproduction but an actual Berlin police buckle. The crown on this buckle is the second type used after the war. Can not remember the exact date when they changed the crowns but this buckle would be worn in the 60s. I'll have to look in my files and see if I can come up with more accurate info for you. I suggest that you look at this thread on the forum. There is a lot of good info in it on West German police uniforms etc. Unfortunately, some of the photos have been deleted because they were posted using a host site but what is left should help you a lot.

Regards,

Gordon

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=284801

Comment

Gordon is spot on. From anecdotal observations, I'd say the Berlin buckles are the most plentiful. At least when I was actively searching for such things I would see the Berlin ones with some regularity, but the others not as often or at all.

Steve

Comment

Thank you gentlemen.

Gordon, what I’m trying to do is put together a mannequin that is an accurate representation of a post WWII Berlin police officer. I have a tschako from what I believe is the fifties, a summer tunic that I’ve post on WAF that the experts told me was from the period immediately after the war, and I also have a Walther PP holster with hanger devise that I believe is close to the same time period.

Up until now my focus has been the TR period as evidenced by my postings in the WWII Schutzpolizei and Gemeinden threads in Police and Civil. I’d like to broaden my horizons a bit because this transition period is interesting to me on several levels and I have a few key items already to help me get started.

I appreciate any help on this matter. Also good book recommendations are greatly appreciated as I love to read and continue to build my library. Many thanks!

Best Regards,

Kevin

Comment

Gordon, just looked at your thread you provided. That it what I what to do! You nailed it!

Comment

the holster with hanger device was introduced with the 1963 "Albertz uniform" (actually first the 1961 Lipschitz uniform, but that was not widely issued), which eliminated need for belt for Schupos. In 50s was still worn the standard "on belt" holster type.

Regards
            Klaus

Comment

The shown buckle was worn from 1947 to 61, then they had the 61/78, and the 78/? Type.

Comment

Gentlemen,

As far as I know, these are the three buckles, in the order in which they were worn, by West Berlin polizei.

Regards,

Gordon
                Attached Files

Comment

As I know you show 2 - 1- 3

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X