Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TR Visor Re-purposed for BGS?

Gents--
    This is a legit prewar TR Customs visor on Ebay right now.

My question is whether or not this set-up would have been used postwar (sans the TR cockade).

(otherwise, some rocket scientist slapped a BGS wreath on it for no reason).
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

i can not imagine, that there was reuse of wartime Schirmmützen beyond the first several years after WW2 for Polizei and possibly Zoll. By time was BGS was formed, definitely not. Probably just a wrong "restoration" attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
      i can not imagine, that there was reuse of wartime Schirmmützen beyond the first several years after WW2 for Polizei and possibly Zoll. By time was BGS was formed, definitely not. Probably just a wrong "restoration" attempt.

Klaus, thanks--my thoughts as well.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
        Yes, I totally agree. Tom

Comment

I also saw this visor on eBay at the time. Undoubtedly it is a TR Customs. The absence of the eagle (the holes of the fastening fins yet can be glimpsed) is explained by the known prohibition of eBay. It is the first time I see this HPC lining, certainly TR period but very rare (I think antecedent or concomitant to the frischluft and/or stirndruckfrei system which we are accustomed). With reference to the mad scientist, surely yes, even if he was smart enough to mount a cockade with the TR colors instead of the postwar one. I do not know at what price it was sold, however, a good starting point for a real restoration, in my opinion.

Best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X