Wehrgerichtsbarkeit - Military Judiciary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrgerichtsbarkeit - Military Judiciary

The Bundeswehr has no courts-martial but in a State of Defense such courts-martial could be established. In the late 1970's rank insignia were made for military judges and ushers. Years ago I saw these rank insignia the first time when visiting the "House of History" in Bonn. Kunstwadl lists these shoulder loops as well. This weekend I had the chance to aquire two pairs of these loops and the accompanying lilac "Litzen":

Oberst/Vorsitzender Richter/Wehrrichter/Wehranwalt
    Brigadegeneral/Gerichtspräsident/Oberwehranwalt

Other ranks (Heer, Marine) do exist as well. For authenticity check the coherent embroidery of rank stars and scale of justice symbol. Some pictures:

Last edited by Proud Kraut; 09-09-2018, 03:03 PM.

Hi Proud Kraut,

"For authenticity check the coherent embroidery of rank stars and scale of justice symbol."

Have you seen copies anywhere? What is the difference?

In my collection are pairs for a Wehrjustizverwaltungsrat (Major), a Vorsitzender Richter/Wehrrichter/Wehranwalt (Oberst), a Präsident des OWG, Oberwehranwalt (Brigadegeneral) and an unknown judge rank with three golden stars (Generalleutnant).
    The last rank is not listed at Kunstwadl or Schuster. This pair is manufactured in absolutely the same manner as the other pairs.

I'm missing a pair of Litzen (and pairs of the other ranks).

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
      Hi Proud Kraut,

"For authenticity check the coherent embroidery of rank stars and scale of justice symbol."

Have you seen copies anywhere? What is the difference?

In my collection are pairs for a Wehrjustizverwaltungsrat (Major), a Vorsitzender Richter/Wehrrichter/Wehranwalt (Oberst), a Präsident des OWG, Oberwehranwalt (Brigadegeneral) and an unknown judge rank with three golden stars (Generalleutnant).
      The last rank is not listed at Kunstwadl or Schuster. This pair is manufactured in absolutely the same manner as the other pairs.

I'm missing a pair of Litzen (and pairs of the other ranks).

Uwe
      Hi Uwe,

no, I haven't seen any copies yet. I was told by a more advanced collector that copies do exist. He stated that these copies can be recognized by their subsequently added lilac symbols. He told me to look out for the ones I found now. But what do I know.

Generalleutnant, hmm maybe a manufacturer's error? I could also imagine that it was intended to establish Wehrgerichtbarkeit as a separate armed service (TSK/OrgBer). That would mean it would have existed at least one Generalleutnant as Inspekteur. Very interesting, I have to do some further research.

Lars
      Last edited by Proud Kraut; 09-10-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X