Bundesgrenzschutz Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundesgrenzschutz Jacket

I picked this up today for $9 so I couldn’t pass it up. I don’t know anything about these so any ideas would greatly appreciated .
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

For $9 you did very well Generally I see these go for $25 in similar demilled condition, $50-$70 without demil damage.

What you have is a typical 3rd Model jacket, produced from 1967 through 1975. This one was made in 1971, which makes it a mid production model (there are very minor differences). The slashes were done when the uniform was taken out of service, the repairs done by some surplus company (possibly Sturm) to make them more viable for resale.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
        For $9 you did very well Generally I see these go for $25 in similar demilled condition, $50-$70 without demil damage.

What you have is a typical 3rd Model jacket, produced from 1967 through 1975. This one was made in 1971, which makes it a mid production model (there are very minor differences). The slashes were done when the uniform was taken out of service, the repairs done by some surplus company (possibly Sturm) to make them more viable for resale.

Steve
        Thanks for the help . The insignia is what got my attention. One day maybe I can trade it for a field cap of the same camouflage. I have a little collection of early 60’s late 50’s field caps and it would be nice to add a cap of this camouflage too if.

Comment

actually this is 2nd model jacket. The supposed trial jackets not really count as a 1st model. This model was worn until early 80s, the other camo items (except the parka) fell out of use by this time however.

Regards
          Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by muddyboots View Post
            Thanks for the help . The insignia is what got my attention. One day maybe I can trade it for a field cap of the same camouflage. I have a little collection of early 60’s late 50’s field caps and it would be nice to add a cap of this camouflage too if.
            Sorry to break it to you, but the slashes in the badging pretty much kill their value. The arc is worth a couple of Euros in excellent condition, the camo backed badge is probably worth EUR 20 in very good condition (no cuts).

In any case, there is no camo hat to match this jacket. They simply didn't make them for this time period. The earlier camo hat is rare and can go in excess of $100 even without its badges. Fake camo M43 hats, made by Sturm, are abundant and cheap. If you're interested in the pattern and the cut of the hat, I'd recommend one of the fake hats.

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
            actually this is 2nd model jacket. The supposed trial jackets not really count as a 1st model. This model was worn until early 80s, the other camo items (except the parka) fell out of use by this time however.
            Good point. I go back and forth with the numbering because of habit. Nearly 20 years ago I labeled them 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Models before there was much information to guide me. Generally speaking experimental items should not be included in the numbering, so I agree this is 2nd Model with the 1st Model being made between 1958 and 1962 (maybe 1963).

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X