Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern IDZ Bundeswehr Equipment

Hey there,

I am a miniature wargamer currently looking at recreating a modern Bundeswehr force for miniature scenarios. For this im trying to figure out what the basic structure of a squad from a Panzergrenadier and basic Army squad.

So my basic understanding of the lay out of a Panzergrenadier squad would be something like this,

1 x NCO with G36
    1 x Soldier with Panzerfaust and G36
    1 x Soldier with G36 with underslung GL
    1 x Soldier with MG4
    2 x Soldier with G36

3 x Crew who dont dismount with mp7

9 Total, Puma Transport

As for a basic army squad

Fireteam 1
    1 x NCO Fireteam leader with G36
    1 x Soldier with MG4
    2 x Soldier with G36

Fireteam 2
    1 x NCO Squad leader with G36
    1 x Soldier with MG4
    2 x Soldier with G36

Total 10 (Boxer Transport)

Now how correct is this currently?

Does the Panzergrenadier crew also wear full IDZ equipment? such as the plate carrier/assault vest, helmet etc? As i've seen them wearing just the under parts without the vest and no helmets just berets, however this is unclear if that's only for training purposes or wouldst be done in the field.

Secondly as i'll be converting the miniatures i have into the modern set up i need confirmation on the equipment being used, now i have many photos collected for this project so most things are fairly straight forward but if someone could identify the different ammo packs and pouches are used.

Could someone supply some photos of the equipment shown here, the helmet optics, the plate carrier/assault vest or anything else i might need separately? Things like the weapon optics are clear there so i dont need them. What are the black things that are on the front of the second and third solders carriers in the picture in front of the Boxer for example with the wire chord coming out of the top?

I also know the NCO has some kind of touch screen interface which is worn usually on the front top half of plate carrier and the backpacks are some kind of battery back. Im looking for the most obscure pieces of the kit. Also are the pistols standard issue or personal buys?

As for these ammo bags and pouches, are they still what is used? If so could someone run through what these are for and whats appropriate for what load out? Also are the flak shoulder guards seen on early IDZ equipment still in use? Also could someone give me a picture of the basic IDZ fatigues that would be used in a European environment.

Alot of questions i know but any and all answers will be much appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by TheCount; 08-01-2018, 06:46 AM.

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X