X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DDR Material in the Bundeswehr

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...43#post8199243

Hi@all,

I joined the Bundeswehr in 1991 and served for 12 years.

We have had a lot of NVA items in use.

white underwear (winter and summer)
    camo 3 finger mittens (used for technical works to save the leather gloves)
    socks in grey and the short white sport socks

Flashlights (same as the Bw ones but with the large batteries)

Strela surface air missiles (every platoon and the Company HQ (KpTrp) had one launcher and the company had one Strela training set

During a visit at the PiBtl 801 in Storkow we shot the AKS74N, all soldiers still had NVA UTV magazine pouches for the rifle. Also nearly all vehicles were of NVA origin (with white stencilled "Bundeswehr" on the doors)

The list should be endless. Some items we got from the depot were original packed by the NVA only with a NSN-number written on it.

Comment

You're right, we know the Pictures, but this was the first time with a Clear Evidence of a Labeled NSN.
      When you had VEBEG Lot's, there were a lot of Items packed, but I never saw NSN's like on Canteens, Mess Kits, Clothing etc.
      So if there are some around, feel free to post them.

Comment

What comes to my mind at once are the green NBC protection plastic bags, that were used instead of the Ponchos in the 1990's. Not to forget the AK 47, the bayonets and the wooden AK 47 dummies that are still in use today (obstacle course training).

Comment

Yes, the green ABC ponchos were used as a replacement for the PCB-contaminated rubber Bw-ponchos. They were useless.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X