Ammo Vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo Vest

Try to find out the exact use for this Pack.
    Got told it's a Trial Patttern Vest for Ammo, for Minimi & G36 for Winter Use.
    There is also an olive Version of it.
    Came with a Bundeswehr Outphasing Lot about 10-12 Yrs. ago.
    Attached Files

IN the early 2000´s I have seen an identical set in green. It didn´t have any labels or markings so I dind´t buy it.

Is this set marked in any way?

Comment

No markings.
      It came together with other Trial Pattern Stuff like Desert Camo Flight Suits, Shirts and others. Back then I got them from a Wholesaler who just got them in. I also must have the green Version somewhere, but where?

Comment

I would be interested in a green set...

The problem with the test gear is, that they are rarely documented and often not market. And it is nearly impossible to get the trail reports.

Comment

Originally posted by hoover View Post
          I would be interested in a green set...

The problem with the test gear is, that they are rarely documented and often not market. And it is nearly impossible to get the trail reports.
          Let me know from time to time. When I find it, it'll be for sale.
          I must Stop with something, my other fields are expensive enough.
          BTW:
          the white one in on ebay at the moment.

Comment

I am not sure with that piece.

In my opinion there must be any marking on it, when it was used for official field tests with the german armed forces. Especially for documentation reasons. I can't believe there will be any type of official tested or used piece wich is not marked.

Possibly an producers prototype or something from the nonofficial (dezentrale Beschaffung) market.

Just my thoughts…

Best regards

Nightwish

Comment

@ Nightwish,

agree. But I have seen some trial items were the markings were blackend out or the label cut away.

But if there is no trace of label or marking I have my doubts that it is a real trial item. Otherwise we had some items in the early 90´s which are bought on company level or by the StOV as a stop gap solution.

Bye
              Frank

Comment

The only I can say for sure on these Bags is, that they came in a VEBEG Lot with other Trial Stuff, and I got all found in the Crates from the Dealer and no, it's wasn't Sturm.

Comment

I agree that if there are no signs of labels (even cut out ones), then it's probably not an official TrVsu item. However, the design and how you acquired them makes me think these items were used by the BW. And since the designs aren't anything we've seen before on the commercial market, they were probably specially produced for the BW. Most likely by a manufacturer looking for a contract.

I think of items like this as being in a grey area. Not official test items, but also not commercial (STURM, TACGEAR, etc.). For me, this makes the item special enough to put in my collection.

Steve

Comment

During my active service in the Bundeswehr I got a lot of privately purchased items from the StOV. A lot of soldiers handed all their stuff at the dismissal to the quartermaster store. I even got US Nam equipment and British webtex vests.

So it is hard to say which provenace the white vest has.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X