When did the US-style Truppengattungsabzeichen go away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did the US-style Truppengattungsabzeichen go away

Does anyone have an idea of when the colored litzen replaced the old gold Truppengattungsabzeichen? there seems to be some overlap as there are first generation affenjacke/ausgangjacke that have both types in use.

I have a July 1956 affenjacke coming in the post that has the Truppengattungsabzeichen- relative who found it says he sees no evidence of removed litzen- should be "correct" right?

The coloured "Kragenspiegel" were introduced in 1957. Together with the fact that the Affenjacke was worn far into the 60ies more or less all of them will have been "modernized" by replacing the metal insignia by the textile ones.

Only jackets from stock will show no trace of formerly sewn patches - even those nowadays offered with Sanellas are reconverted.

On the other hand I have pictures of Sanellas in use dating to the early 60ies ...mostly on field uniforms. This may have been a signal of longer serving soldiers to the newbees ...

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Asbjoern View Post
      The coloured "Kragenspiegel" were introduced in 1957. Together with the fact that the Affenjacke was worn far into the 60ies more or less all of them will have been "modernized" by replacing the metal insignia by the textile ones.

Only jackets from stock will show no trace of formerly sewn patches - even those nowadays offered with Sanellas are reconverted.

On the other hand I have pictures of Sanellas in use dating to the early 60ies ...mostly on field uniforms. This may have been a signal of longer serving soldiers to the newbees ...

Jens

Thanks Jens!

I will have to take a look at it when I get it in hand- should be arriving any day now. Possibly someone had a new unissued one from stock and put them on to display it as "1956 issue"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X