Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New website

I wanted to share my work-in-progress website: coldwarcollector.com

I have a lot of work to do, but I am hoping to fill a gap in online resources for collectors of post-war German items.

Also, I will be listing many of these items on ebay to make room for new things, If anyone is interested, follow: stevenb3518

.. my favorite page so far: Helmets-brd

Thanks for any comments, suggestions, corrections..
    Steven

interesting site, if you need any infos for the BGS or Polizei items, will be happy to help.

As correction/addition, both of the BGS Schiffchen, the service version and the winter, were introduced in the 60s (i think ca. 1967, but might have been several years earlier also). Only Schiffchen in 50s was the hbt version for the work uniform. Both ventless helmets post-1976 paint in the new shade of green (they were still sometimes used until early 90s). The one with stamp appear to be 1980 dated.

Regards
    Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

Thank you very much for the BGS help! I will make those changes soon. I'm sure I will have more questions too.

I have been looking for a moosgrün BGS schiffchen to post, but haven't found one yet.

I used to be a WW2 collector (mainly German items) but had gotten away from it for a while. I recently found a passion for post-war items - especially BGS and West Berlin Polizei. They are also a bit easier on the pocketbook..

Thanks,
      Steven

Comment

i collect mostly BGS for almost 10 years now. Can confirm, that it become addictive!

Regards
        Klaus

Comment

Steven,

Welcome to the BRD section of the WAF. I had a brief look at your web site and will spend more tome there later today. You are off to a good start with it. A lot of the old time BRD and DDR collectors on the WAf, like myself, started off as TR collectors but got tired of the fakes and excessive prices and ended up here. I also have an interested in BRD police items and perhaps I can contribute to your web site as well.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thanks Gordon. Those are some of the same reasons I had stopped collecting.

I also became more interested in post-war items when I learned that some familiar, TR-style items had been produced: Stahlhelm, Tschako, Fallschirmjägermesser. Until recently, all I knew of cold war helmets were the standard NVA and BW helmets. I wish I had know about the police and BGS helmets years ago - when they must have been much cheaper!

Comment

Interesting site, Steven, one I may well return to frequently. I have a primary interest in post-war helmets generally, and this is very useful on filling in some of my knowledge-gaps on the West German models. Good stuff, nicely presented site.

Comment

Thank you Greg,

I had more time on my hands when I first posted about the site - I hope to return to it soon and make some updates and changes.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X