Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski-bluse siegel-muster 1958 Ski Jacket Trial Pattern

Hello,
    I bought a jacket while at the Show of Shows in Louisville, KY in February and I would like your opinions about it please. At the moment I cannot upload photos but if someone would like to do it for me just PM your email (Thanks!). I have 7 photos ready at the moment.

It is standard early grey wool material. Laces at the waist on both sides. The inside pocket tag is dated 3-58. There are 2 paper tags attached to it on the outside.

One reads:
    (front)

Siegel-Muster
    Fuer
    Qualitaet und Farbton
    Fuer Schi-Bluse
    zur VTL/TK 85o5-057/1
    Koblenz, im Oktober 1957

(back)

Der
    Bundesminister
    fuer
    Verteidigung

(and a stamp)

I am just curious how special this is. Since it is a Muster, I am assuming it is rather rare. It is not for sale but if someone could throw out an approximate value I can annotate for my records, that would be great. Thanks! Matt

Hi Matt,

Looks like you got yourself a genuine 1st Model Skibluse. The epaulets should be pointed at the button end, not rounded.

This is definitely not an easy item to find, but it was manufactured from at least 1957 through 1962. Meaning, it isn't experimental and it was issued in significant numbers over a fair amount of time. However, you might have a sample sent off for final approval, either for the design as a whole or production form a specific factory. Personally, unless there's some feature that's different from standard production I don't see it as being special. Other than it's rare

I checked my records and in 2012 there was a Major's jacket on German eBay. It sold for EUR 137,63. My gut feeling is the price hasn't changed too much since then. At least not dramatically.

The trousers are much, much, much harder to find in my experience. Trousers in general from this period are. As it so happens I have trousers I'm not letting go of, while you have a jacket you're not letting go of. If you find another jacket, please let me know and if I find trousers I'll let you know!

Steve

Comment

Gentlemen,

I offered to post pictures for sammlermws so here they are. I have one of these tunics somewhere. I just have to find it!

Regards,

Gordon
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

#3,
          Attached Files

Comment

#4,
            Attached Files

Comment

My apologies to sammlermws because I completely forgot to post the pictures he sent. Thanks Gordon for picking up the ball. It's a beautiful jacket.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X