Tornister in the BGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tornister in the BGS

(Sorry - the Tornister-Title was wrong!!)
    Dear Gents,

like to share the link to some interesting photos of the personal BGS-Equipment in the early 60ies: http://www.beim-alten-bgs.de/Zu_den_...s_nickoll.html. You can see the complete Equipment displayed during an "Ausrüstungs-Apell". Have fun!

Best regards

Reiner
    Last edited by ReinerMB42; 08-23-2017, 08:20 AM. Reason: Wrong Title

Nice pictures! The most interesting thing I noticed is the BW Schlafsack, presumably with the arms and hood. I did not know they used the same type, but it does make sense.

Steve

Comment

BGS Sleeping-Bag

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
      Nice pictures! The most interesting thing I noticed is the BW Schlafsack, presumably with the arms and hood. I did not know they used the same type, but it does make sense.

Steve
      Hi Steve,
      yes, exactly the same type as the BW-Schlafsack, but with BGS-Stamp inside.
      Did see them, but could not get one for a fair price yet. The picures are good. First I thought to see Tornister (), but by looking closer, they are the BGS-Rucksacks. Got a "Kleidertasche" from the early 50ies yesterday
      Best regards

Reiner

Comment

Here are some photos of a group of BGS items that I recently purchased off of Ebay.de. I was surprised by the dates and conditions of the items. The rucksack is dated 1958 and in very good condition.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice grouping! I've not seen the wire cutter pouch before. That's an excellent piece all on its own.

Steve

Comment

BGS-Grouping

Originally posted by GREENEDUDLEY View Post
            Here are some photos of a group of BGS items that I recently purchased off of Ebay.de. I was surprised by the dates and conditions of the items. The rucksack is dated 1958 and in very good condition.
            Yep, very rare item! Congrats to this find!

Best regards

Reiner

Comment

Steve,

the BW style sleeping bag was introduced in BGS around same time as BW (ca. 1961) and have different markings like Reiner already mentioned, but otherwise identical. There are a few photos of them on the 'Beim alten BGS' site worn in cold weather by motorcyclists too.

Regards
              Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by ReinerMB42 View Post
                Yep, very rare item! Congrats to this find!

Best regards

Reiner
                Really? My local surplus store had a bunch of them at one point. Maybe it's one of those items that was exported to the US and so is hard to find in Germany? I'll try and dig mine out to see what the date is. You've made me curious!

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                Steve,

the BW style sleeping bag was introduced in BGS around same time as BW (ca. 1961) and have different markings like Reiner already mentioned, but otherwise identical. There are a few photos of them on the 'Beim alten BGS' site worn in cold weather by motorcyclists too.

Regards
                Klaus

Thanks for the info! So there's no difference, not even in color? Interesting!

Steve

Comment

Steve,

correct, markings are really the only difference, that i can tell. Maybe slight difference of colour/material, if compared side by side (i only own 1961 dated BW one), but not very noticeable. They appear sometimes on ebay.de for sale. Here is the link i mentioned, that show them worn in extreme cold:

http://heinzjonas.beim-alten-bgs.de/Gelaende.htm

The rucksacks are not that rare in Germany in my experience either, bought mine there. But more of them in USA, because several major surplus dealers imported large numbers of them a couple years ago.

Regards
                  Klaus

Comment

I know a military surplus seller near Schweinfurt that had hundreds of these sleeping bags and the later version also that was two pieces. When I was stationed at Schweinfurt in the late 1990's many of us Scouts used the german sleeping bag. We found them very useful in the field. I see them for sale on German ebay from time to time but have not seen any BGS marked. I will have to check more closely from now on.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X